Closing date: 08 Oct 2016
Dimagi is seeking a versatile and driven Director / Manager of Government Programs to support our growing partnerships and engagement with central and state governments in India, as we engage in national-scale mHealth projects.
Dimagi is engaged with the Government of India in multiple digital projects at national and state levels, representing some of the largest and most innovative mobile health programs worldwide. The Director / Manager of Government Programs will play a critical role in realizing the potential of technology to improve health and fight malnutrition and tuberculosis across the country.
Keys to success in this role will be experience in working with Indian government departments and building strong relationships with civil servants at all levels, coordinating expectations across multiple stakeholders, outstanding communication skills, perseverance, and the desire to work in a small, team-oriented, and impact-driven organization.
The Director/Manager of Government Programs will be responsible for representing Dimagi at government, donor, and other stakeholder meetings and coordinating national scale implementations of mHealth technology projects that strengthen community health and nutrition systems and improve frontline service delivery in India. You will join our team of local and international staff to learn and share best practices and expertise from across the globe. The position is based in New Delhi.
Compensation will depend on level of experience and qualifications but will be competitive. We request a 2-year commitment for this position, but employment is at-will according to company policies.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Debrief government stakeholders on the status of Dimagi projects and flag areas where their support or intervention may be requested
- Coordinate across multiple levels of government (municipal, state, national) on the design, deployment, and rollout of mHealth systems. This includes ongoing communication with project management staff within relevant departments and tracking progress of external workstreams in different jurisdictions
- Build and maintain rapport with government partners at all levels, including, as needed, support and advice, capacity building assistance, and assistance in engaging with other departments as needed
- Sensitize, orient, and guide stakeholders on projects and their roles within projects, while building buy-in, engagement for, and momentum towards the overall success of the projects
- Represent Dimagi and our perspective as a technology and development partner in discussions with various government agencies. This includes demonstrating our software and communicating technical inputs provided by the Dimagi technical team, and it requires being able to speak intelligently about the software
- Build new partnerships and collaborations as needed to ensure the success of ongoing projects
- Synthesize a wide range of opinions and inputs into a unified way forward that external stakeholders will support and that provides sufficient clarity internally for Dimagi team members to prioritize and act, funneling the right information to the right people
- Partnership management and expectation setting across different agencies on scope of the software, scope of support, and relative roles and responsibilities
- Support project management of overall projects, in collaboration with Dimagi’s India Country Director
- Tracking and following up with external partners on various action items needed to move projects forward
- Support management of subcontracts for subject matter expertise, implementation support, and project management support
- Prepare and deliver clear, digestible presentations via PowerPoint
- Prepare well-written external-facing documents, such as guidelines and minutes
- Drive sharing of lessons learned across large scale mHealth projects both within and outside of Dimagi
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Over 10 years of work experience
- Over 3 years of experience managing Indian government partnerships at the state and/or central level and coordinating across different government departments
- Deep understanding of the Indian government at all levels.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse partners
- Ability to step back, think strategically, and stay on top of the bigger picture
- Desire to work in a multi-cultural, social enterprise environment
- Ability to communicate and present well with both junior and senior audiences
- Adaptable and open to wearing different hats
- Fluency in oral and written English and Hindi
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- Experience in information technology, databases, and software product development
- Experience managing Indian e-governance projects
- Experience in consulting
- Knowledge of community health or nutrition
- Desire to make a social impact
How to apply:
If interested, please send your CV, cover letter, and a short writing sample (2 pages or less) to email@example.com. Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please indicate “India Director of Government Programs Position” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb