Closing date: 20 Oct 2016
Country : Jordan
Place of appointment (city) : Amman
Length of contract : 6 months
Starting date : November 2016
Under the program, “Improving Capacities for Sustainable Economic and Social Growth through Innovation” ACCESS INNOVATION (PAI), all of Oxfam’s partners in the country of assignment receive support on the development and management of projects. They are primarily civil society organizations.
The PAI is funded by the Canadian Government through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and is implemented by Oxfam-Québec in 11 countries. The central approach of the program is based on the assignment of Canadian (or Canadian permanent resident) Technical Advisors in countries of intervention, in which their mandates are to increase the technical, administrative and financial capabilities of local partner organizations. Support provided should enable partners to innovate and generate sustainable changes in their environments in terms of economic growth, food security, gender equality, good governance and environmental sustainability. The program furthermore focuses on the development of models and innovative intervention approaches through a process supported by a network of Canadian partners, composed of recognized civil society organizations, research institutes as well as socially-responsible private companies.
This post is intended to provide specialized human resources guidance to Oxfam’s Jordanian partner INJAZ, an organization that focuses on the field of youth employment and empowerment. As INJAZ has experienced rapid growth in the past few years, it has sought to redesign its HR system to meet the new challenges the organization is facing and to develop the human and organizational potential to support its mission. In order to be supported in this transition process INJAZ is currently working with a consultant firm who is conducting an external evaluation of its human resource system and actual needs. The role of the Human Resource Advisor is to work closely with both INJAZ and the Oxfam team to ensure effective implementation of the external evaluator’s recommendations.
Under the responsibility of the PAI Coordinator in the country of intervention, and in close collaboration with Oxfam colleagues (country, region, Oxfam-Québec headquarters), the Human Resource Advisor performs his/her mandate to ensure the achievement of PAI results and supports the partners in his/her field of expertise.
In accordance with Oxfam’s policies, standards and procedures, the Human Resource Advisor undertakes the following responsibilities :
- Assess partner’s needs related to human resources (selection process, orientation training, career path development, continuous learning and performance management), building from the results of the external HR evaluation ;
- Support the partner in the implementation of the relevant human resources recommendations from the external HR evaluation;
- Support partner in the development of a human resource strategy reflecting the current growth and needs of the organization following restructuring;
- Contribute to developing a systemic approach for the selection process, orientation training (induction), career path development, continuous learning and performance management;
- Support INJAZ in developing training and capacity building activities (ex. Orientation training, continuous learning, etc.);
- Develop internal training and capacity building activities for the HR team on specific topic (ex. continuous learning, performance management) to ensure proper dissemination and implementation;
- Share best practices from the human resources and capacity building fields.
REQUIREMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Canadian citizenship or Canadian permanent resident status.
- University degree in human resources management or any other relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in the field of human resources.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- International development work experience (an asset).
Work experience abroad
- Experience working in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (an asset).
Specific skills for this position
- Familiarity with NGO guidelines and regulations with regards to human resource management.
- Previous experience in the field of change management would be an asset.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Skype.
- English spoken and written.
- Arabic a strong asset.
- Adherence to the mission and values of Oxfam, including the promotion of equality between women and men.
- Diplomacy and good judgment.
- Ability to foster teamwork and build relationships.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and process improvement capabilities.
- Strong intercultural understanding of diversity and other cultures.
- Monthly allowance based on the cost of living in the country of assignment.
- Round trip flight.
- Travel, life and disability insurance.
- Allowance for housing.
How to apply:
Interested in this position?
Please apply by submitting your resume and a letter of interest to :
Be sure to specify the job title and country of assignment in the subject line (e.g. Human Resources Advisor – Jordan, Amman).
Oxfam-Québec is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb