Organization: Save the Children UK
Closing date: 13 Oct 2016
We are looking for an Institutional Partnership Advisor to join us on a 6 month fixed term contract, conducting analysis and scoping for the potential of a longer term role. The initial piece of work will help to proactively identify future funding opportunities to sustain our platform, build strategic partnerships and help rebuild key donor relationships in the region.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes Division delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Institutional Partnership Advisor you will be based at our Save the Children International Middle East Regional Office in Amman, Jordan with extensive travel to the Middle East region to spend time with relevant SCI Country Offices. You will proactively design and carry out a mapping exercise to capture and analyse donor trends across the main institutional donor accounts whilst conducting initial competitor activity analysis. In addition you will:
- Build on your significant experience and learning from similar approaches to design an institutional partnership approach for the Middle East region.
- Work closely with Country Directors and their senior management teams to identify key confidence building measures that are needed with priority institutional donors in the region
- Create, incentivise, facilitate and support ongoing robust relationships between senior representatives and decision makers at Save the Children and their senior counterparts
- Review the SCI Syria strategy in relation to current pipeline status and options in terms of funding strategy moving forward.
- Ensure strong linkages between global, regional and country level intelligence
To be successful you will have in-depth experience and knowledge of key donors, current thinking and trends in relation to work in the Middle East. You should also have a proven track record in partnership building, brokering with donors and donor coordination at a senior level. In addition you will have:
- Masters level degree in development or a related field
- Strong leadership behaviours, including external orientation, situational agility, customer focus, delivery of results, communicating strategic vision and purpose
- Significant experience in leading partnerships, at both field and headquarter levels
- The ability to coach or mentor senior staff in proposal development or funding strategies
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and with impact.
Do note the role is unaccompanied and attracts posting allowance of $6000 annually.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 13th October 2016
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website, link below:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb