Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
The Longitudinal Care Improvement Specialist will work with the County Health Management Team to provide guidance related to HIV Testing Services (HTS), linkages through the continuum of testing to enrollment, continuity of care during transfers, patient retention strategies and adherence support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement capacity-building systems-strengthening plan for HTS, continuity of care, patient retention, and adherence support, in close collaboration with key partners.
- Institutionalize continuous quality improvement systems for HTS, continuity of care, patient retention, and adherence support.
- Support the structuring of adherence support systems for improved patient retention in care.
- Examine HTS operations, patient linkages/referral systems, retention strategies, and adherence support mechanisms and lead the development of strategies to address findings
- Lead the implementation of training and continuous professional development systems for HTS counselors, for health professionals and lay health workers (CHWs, peer educators, etc.) involved in continuity of care and adherence support, and CHMT members
- Evaluate and adapt Community Strategy implementation for the context of Nairobi County
- Develops and distributes appropriate job aides and educational material for treatment support staff and counselors.
- Adopt the innovative training methodologies to support training of health care workers to support adherence and psychosocial support and long term follow-up of patients
- Represent the organization at stakeholder meetings 10.Support staff through onsite mentorship and operations discussions 11.Evaluate outcomes of capacity-building activities and shares recommendations
- A degree in Nursing, Clinical medicine, or other related field
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing 3.Five (5) years’ experience providing and/or overseeing HTS and adherence support services.
- Two (2) years’ work experience within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of HTC services
- Training in HTS and adherence,
- NASCOP TOT is an added advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV, adherence support and HTC service delivery.
- Good report writing skills
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by September 16, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI