Posted by: SFJAZZ, San Francisco Jazz Organization
San Francisco, CA, US
As a member of SFJAZZ’s Development staff, the Leaders Circle Manager plays a critical role in increasing individual donor support. He/she is responsible for overseeing the solicitation of annual Leaders Circle gifts between $1,200 and $2,500, annual gifts earmarked to SFJAZZ Education, and gala packages. The Leaders Circle Manager reports to the Major Gifts Officer and provides direct support for all individual giving initiatives.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million Center launched in 2013 and the 34-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2016-17 Season is more than $16 million with more than half coming from ticket revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage a mid-level annual fund donor program of up to 500 Leaders Circle Members under the direction of the Major Gifts Officer, including executing an annual communications calendar, direct marketing appeals, special event production, database management, and face-to-face engagement while overseeing gift administration.
- Collaborate with Leaders Circle Ticket Concierge to ensure premium level customer service for all Leaders Circle Members in regards to ticket purchases, returns, and show experience.
- Develop individual moves management plans for a select portfolio of approximately 50 high capacity Leaders Circle Members with an emphasis on securing increased gifts.
- Develop a portfolio of prospects with an emphasis on securing a significant number of new gifts through a combination of direct marketing and personal cultivation.
- Set, manage, and meet aggressive targets for annual gifts including annual gift upgrades, and developing the program as an effective pipeline to the major and planned gifts program.
- Develop cultivation strategies for general Members and ticket buyers with the capacity to make Leaders Circle gifts, in collaboration with the Major Gifts Officer and other team members.
- Conduct initial research of new Leaders Circle Members to assess giving capacity, affinity, and connections to the organization.
- Track and document all Leaders Circle cultivation and stewardship activities in the SFJAZZ Tessitura database and other tools.
- Produce receptions at concerts, meet and greets with artists, and other donor cultivation and stewardship opportunities, in collaboration with events staff.
- Assist SFJAZZ Trustees and other volunteers in the cultivation and stewardship of their prospect lists and other fundraising activities as assigned.
- Work with House Manager and Box Office Manager on-duty to guarantee the best Front of House experience for all Leaders Circle Members at SFJAZZ productions.
- Provide regular on-site support at concerts for Leaders Circle, major donor, campaign, and planned giving stewardship activities; strategically leverage concert attendance as a way to cultivate and steward donors and prospects.
- Represent SFJAZZ in the concert halls and in the community, and at donor events.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prior fundraising experience with a focus on individual donors.
- Extensive donor database experience, knowledge of Tessitura highly desired;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and a working knowledge of search functions for donor research purposes;
- Ability to execute annual giving campaigns, special events, and direct and personal solicitation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Superior interpersonal skills, engaging professionally with volunteers, colleagues, and donors.
- Available to work weeknights and weekends.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner;
- Respect for confidentiality of donor information and a strong sense for donor ethics;
- Strong work ethic, professional manner, and appearance in representing SFJAZZ;
Read more here:: Idealist