Closing date: 30 Sep 2016
Pursue is a Lebanon-based development consultancy committed to empowering local communities and beneficiaries in conflict, post-conflict, and fragile areas through the provision of evidence-based programmatic interventions, policy recommendations and training services.
Pursue’s approach relies on combining mixed-methods research with strong, consistent engagement with local communities and stakeholders to bridge the gap between the aspirations of local communities and the priorities of governmental and multilateral actors, thus informing the design and implementation of relevant programming. Utilising innovative quantitative and qualitative social science methodologies to generate data, we analyse and synthesise results, brief clients and beneficiaries, deliver interventions and measure impact.
Pursue will be delivering a multi-year programme in Lebanon in support of Palestinian youth. This programme will improve their social and economic participation, as well as enhance the youth role in governance whilst reducing the likelihood of young Palestinians resorting to negative coping strategies. Whilst this position is subject to funding, Pursue is currently delivering this programme, which has been underway for a number of years.
The highly innovative, Palestinian-designed programme has delivered demonstrable impact within the camps and contributed to both Palestinian welfare and the stability of Lebanon.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Grants Manager is a senior position with responsibility and accountability for the establishment and operation of a grants programme to serve very nascent organisations across Lebanon, including in the Palestinian Refugee Camps. The Grants Manager will design and lead a programme with is compliant with donor regulations and highly accessible to beneficiaries. The Grants Manager will be expected to train and coach staff and beneficiaries in use of the grants system, contribute to monitoring and evaluating the programme, contribute to reporting, and assure financial controls.
· Design a grants making system tailored to Pursue-specific needs to serve very nascent organisations and youth across Lebanon, including development of a grants manual and all associated forms
· Provide training and leadership to assure Pursue staff and beneficiaries know how to use the grants system.
· Manage the grants programme staff assuring professionalism and careful oversight of grants recipients
· Work collaboratively with the Corporate and Country Office finance staff to assure excellence of grant budgeting, compliance with audit and donor requirements
· Establish and implement a reporting system which captures programme and finance details of the grant system to support reporting and learning in collaboration with Country Office Management and M&E
· Assure smooth and complete close out of grants, flagging problems to the Project Manager with recommendations for solutions
· Working with finance staff, arrange periodic audits of grantees
· A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the design and management of grants programmes in fragile and/or conflict environments.
· A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams and deliver effective training
· Demonstrated experience in budget planning and management as well as familiarity with major donor regulations and audit requirements
· Excellent interpersonal skills and successful experience working in multinational teams in challenging environments.
· Excellent English language skills required, Arabic language skills highly desirable.
· International work experience required, experience in the Middle East, and Lebanon in particular, highly desirable.
· Above all else: enthusiasm, integrity, resilience, a focus on conflict-sensitive delivery, and a commitment to positive change for conflict-affected communities in the region.
How to apply:
If interested, kindly send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30, 2016, clearly stating the job title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb