Organization: World Vision
Closing date: 29 Sep 2016
SCIP Chief of Party – Mozambique
World Vision International
World Vision (WV) is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As SCIP Chief of Party you will have overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all grant activities and staff for a USAID funded HIV retention grant that World Vision Mozambique is implementing in 12 districts in Zambezia province. You will coordinate the implementation of all aspects of the project to ensure high quality implementation and timely reporting to the donor. You will bear ultimate responsibility for ensuring that WV and sub-grantees meet USAID, PEPFAR and program requirements. You will provide managerial and technical support throughout the implementation of the project, including management of sub-partners. You will also be responsible for the development and submission of financial and programmatic reports to the donor, in collaboration with other key project staff.
· Advanced degree in public health, social sciences, or related health field is required.
· At least 10 years of experience with health and HIV programmes in a developing country, preferably in Africa.
· At least 5 years of experience managing large project requirements. Experience in managing local CBO subgrant partners is preferred.
· Experience in managing or working on PEPFAR funded projects is strongly preferred.
· Written and oral fluency in English is a requirement. Ability to communicate in Portuguese is a strong advantage. Fluency in Spanish and willingness and ability to learn Portuguese is a strong advantage.
· Position is based in Quelimane, the capital of Zambezia province, with frequent travel to Maputo and to the project districts.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 29 September 2016. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb