Organization: World Food Programme
Closing date: 07 Oct 2016
Announcement of Stand-By Roster for Women Employees
Post Title : Monitoring Assistant
Contract type : GS-4/5 (Service Contract/Fixed Term)
Number of Positions : As per need
Duty Station : Yangon
: Sittwe, Maungdaw
: Lashio, Pang Kham
: Hakha, Kalay, Pakokku
: Myitkyina, Mawlamyine
Validity of Roster : November 2016 to October 2017
Period of Services : Variable from 1 month to 12 months
(Extension will be subject to operational requirement)
Deadline for Application : 7 October 2016
The purpose of the Stand-By Roster is empowering women workforce participation at World Food Program in Myanmar and, therefore, qualified women are invited for the inclusion in the Stand-By Roster for the post of Monitoring Assistant at different duty stations in WFP Myanmar.
Monitoring Assistants are primarily responsible for performing monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
· Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
· Collect and summarise assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
· Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
· Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
· Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
· Allocate tasks to other staff, providing guidance and on-the-job training to support their development and high performance.
· Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
· Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
· Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Completion of secondary school education and supplemented with experience or additional education in education, social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field.
Preferable to have at least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of statistics, refugee operations. Experience in following areas is an advantage.
· Has experience analyzing programme output and outcome data.
· General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
Knowledge & Skill
Knowledge of humanitarian assistance and development practice. Ability to perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Preferable to have general knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing procurement administration. Training and/or experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems.
Fluency in both oral and written in English and Myanmar. The ability to communicate in local ethnic language will be an added advantage.
The interested candidates should submit a brief CV (or) UN P11 form and one page motivation letter by 7 October 2016. Most qualified candidates will be invited for further assessment such as written test and interview etc. The outcomes of the assessment will determine the inclusion in the stand-by roster.
Candidates qualifying for the stand-by roster will be invited for final assessment when the vacant post is in place. The eligibility in the roster is valid only for the period of 1 November 2016 – 31 October 2017 and is subject to continuous successful performance.
How to apply:
Please send applications to: Human Resources Unit
Stand-By Roster for Monitoring Assistant
United Nations World Food Programme
No. 5, Kanbawza Street, Shwe Taung Kyar 2 Ward
Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Email to: email@example.com
Remark: Please mention the desired duty station in the application.
(This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Women Only)
Note: Applications are invited from Interested Myanmar nationals. Interested candidates should submit their application with updated UN P-11 Form, relevant educational certificates showing highest level of educational attainment and the names and contact information of three references. Please mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing WFP employees. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb