Organization: CTG Global
Country: occupied Palestinian territory
Closing date: 30 Sep 2016
Overview of CTG Global:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of position:
In order to facilitate the Reconstruction of post conflict Gaza, the Palestinian Authority (PA) requested the UN to establish a Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) to monitor the entry and use of dual use items in Gaza. The MMU is a multi-disciplinary team located in Gaza that monitors the supply chain of dual-use materials. This team of engineers, quantity surveyors, stock monitors, and IT experts monitors the storage facilities, suppliers, concrete processing plants, as well as repair and constructions sites. The monitoring is managed through the Gaza Reconstruction and Materials Monitoring ERP called (GRAMMS) which is an online tool, purpose built by UNOPS to monitor the flow and use of dual-use materials. The Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) is responsible for conducting site visits to potential vendors, contractors, concrete processing plants and construction projects to monitor the flow and use of dual use materials as required by the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism. Data is collected through static and mobile devices and managed in a central database capable of producing reports that satisfy the parties and donor due diligence requirements.
Under the direct supervision of the IT Team Leader, the incumbent is required to assist in the ongoing ICT operations and support of internal users requests and other service-desk requests within MMU portfolio. The incumbent will be required to have experience in network troubleshooting, managing problem and incidents. The team has extremely high focus on quality, innovation and creativity and the incumbent will be expected to actively participate in knowledge sharing and seeking new ways to improve the existing platforms.
- To provide first line support to internal users, assisting them with hardware, software, network and communications problems by phone, email and desk-side support.
- To ensure all support calls and service requests are logged and administered using the appropriate service desk software and working to any agreed Service Level Agreement.
- To provide user support to staff in remote offices, making site visits as required
ICT Services, Systems and Infrastructure.
- To assist with the installation of new hardware / software as required for new users or network / systems upgrades.
- Ensure asset control and configuration of the ICT desktop and /or modification of ICT equipment is maintained under robust change control.
This role reports to the IT Team Leader.
- Experience of using System Administration tools such Windows 2012, Active Directory Group Policies, TCP/IP, DNS Windows Server, Advanced Server, Web Server, Exchange Server, Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN networks.
- Experienced IT help desk support.
- Knowledge of Systems Management systems (Help desk).
- Experience of changing hardware in basic PCs.
- Experience of operational architecture with a standardized approach (Preferably ITIL).
- Practical experience of supporting IT Desktop connectivity with a standardized approach (Preferably ITIL).
- An aptitude and tenacity for problem solving.
- The ability to learn new skills and systems quickly.
- The ability to prioritize work effectively while working under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and apply sound judgement and common sense in decision making.
- Good communication skill (spoken and written) in both Arabic and English, including the ability to provide clear explanations both in person and on the phone.
- Friendly and willing to help others.
- Personal interest, commitment, efficiency, flexibility and willingness to work in a highly motivated team of professionals.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal direction.
- Integrity and strong work ethics, prepared to work additional hours to ensure timely delivery of project objectives.
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging and problem solving skills.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
Candidates with strong technical qualifications such as ITIL, MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, or equivalent technical skills would be given first preference.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role should click on the link below, register on CTG website and apply for this role.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb