Posted by: Planned Parenthood Northern California
El Cerrito, CA, US
Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal) is currently seeking a full-time Online Advocacy Manager at the El Cerrito Administrative Office.
The Online Advocacy Manager promotes the inclusion of technology and social media in all Public Affairs advocacy and activist recruitment for both Planned Parenthood Northern California and PPNorCal’s political arm, the Planned Parenthood Northern California Action Fund. The Online Advocacy Manager also supports general Public Affairs Department activities including online fundraising, budgeting, data entry and database management, community and grassroots advocacy, and lobbying and legislative activity. The On Line Advocacy Manager reports to the Senior Vice President of External Affairs and is an integral part of the Public Affairs department.
This is an exempt, full-time position, working 40 hours per week including evenings and Saturdays as needed. Salary is DOE plus a full benefits package that includes Health Care Insurance, ETO and 403B!
CLOSING DATE: October 15, 2016
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designs and implements the Public Affairs online strategy, including, but not limited to, websites, e-mail communication, social networking and use of other new media (e.g. video, audio) as appropriate.
- Establishes, tracks and manages e-activist membership; Increases quality and quantity of email activations, including enhanced membership, readability and click-through rates. Uploads and manages data.
- Develops and manages web content of Public Affairs pages on the PPNorCal and PPNorCal Action Fund websites, to include posting regular updates, features, media opportunities, regional events, etc.
- Works with Public Affairs staff to create Action Alerts and other activist communications.
- Promotes websites to increase traffic through strategic partnerships and creative tactics. Conducts regular analysis and reports status of online marketing, recruitment and advocacy activities.
- Ensures proper list management including the strategic use of available lists, development of appropriate list agreements and updating and maintaining clean databases. Supports Public Affairs staff in the use of various activist databases including VAN and PDI-Q.
- Participates as an active member in Planned Parenthood Online (PPOL), Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California (PPAC) and Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) online, technology and Public Affairs efforts.
- Aids the release of PPNorCal affiliate-wide communications, such as the e-newsletter, periodic written newsletters and annual report to donors and key activists.
- As a core member of the Public Affairs team, also responsible for grassroots advocacy projects as assigned.
- Serves as a member of PPNorCal’s Management Team and Public Affairs Department internal leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be “Web savvy” with a solid understanding of current and emerging online trends and tactics. Experience developing interactive viral marketing campaigns. Electronic voter file software experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Adobe Premiere and database management including Convio Common Ground. Adobe Audition/InDesign/Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and manual HTML coding experience desired. Some direct graphic design experience desired.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver’s License and insurance.
- Technical acumen and experience producing creative, effective online communications.
- A solid understanding of website content development and management and database management, including knowledge and experience with Convio Common Ground donor management and fundraising software, and electronic voter file software.
- Understanding of the relationship between online and community organizing and the communications tools involved with both.
- Proven political or issue oriented experience in a campaign or non-profit organization.
- Some community organizing or grassroots advocacy experience required, for example, ability to engage community members, staff or volunteers around issues impacting them and their community.
- Experience working with vendors, including online graphic designers and other web professionals.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong proofreading, writing, communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and controversial issues and to translate information for broader audiences.
- Experience using web page content management systems and e-mail marketing programs.
- Ability to juggle multiple demanding projects at the same time. Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a sometimes chaotic and deadline-driven environment.
- Proven interest in the legislative and electoral side of the reproductive health debate.
- Commitment to quality health care.
- During an election cycle and legislative campaigns, the ability to work extended hours and weekends may be required.
Read more here:: Idealist