Posted by: University Heights Center for the Community Association
Seattle, WA, US
University Heights Center is seeking a full-time Outreach and Program Coordinator. Built in 1902, UHEIGHTS is a non-profit, 501c-3 arts & education center located in the nationally historic University Heights School in Seattle, Washington. University Heights promotes life-long learning, creativity, culture, and community activism. Annually, UHeights welcomes over 250,000 visits through its doors and 200+ groups choose to make us their home.
We are looking for an outgoing, team player who will enjoy the variety of working for a growing grassroots nonprofit organization.
This position is responsible for aspects of outreach, volunteer recruitment and program coordination and some office coordination.
This is a full-time position requiring occasional weekend and evening work. Key responsibilities include:
Other duties as assigned.
- Manage all communications for organization, including website, e-newsletter, mail appeals, press releases, social media and all collateral. Ensure that all collateral is within brand guidelines.
- Represent UHeights at meetings and events in the community
- Assist with in-house communications and events to build relationships with tenants
- Develop relationships within the community
- Assist in the identification of new programming
- Coordinate new programming.
- Manage UHeights’ small volunteer program, including recruitment, background checks, training and orientation and recognition.
- Assist Operations Manager with the following:
- Correspondence: mail, email and phone
- Processing checks and billing
- 1+ years nonprofit management experience, including marketing, volunteer management, community outreach or comparable experience.
- Communication: the ability to clearly communicate with employees, tenants and contractors.
- Attention to Detail: the ability to ensure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained.
- Customer relations and service skills
- Computer proficient (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Personal independence, drive and self initiative
Compensation: $18-$20/hour—commensurate with experience; health/dental benefits, matching retirement plan, long term disability, life insurance, paid sick/vacations and holidays.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ideal Start Date: 10/17/16
Job open until filled.
Read more here:: Idealist