Posted by: Voice Charter School
New York, NY, US
VOICE Charter School (www.voicecharterschool.org) is an elementary and middle school located in Long Island City, Queens that serves students in grades K-8. We are located just minutes from Manhattan (two stops from the last subway stop in Manhattan on the F train) and Long Island City’s growing waterfront district, thriving arts community, and rapid residential growth. We combine rigorous academics with daily instruction in choral singing, thereby encouraging creative and critical thinking while improving academic performance. We are looking to identify extraordinary educators and administrators committed to urban education and high academic achievement who wish to join a dynamic learning community.
Our mission is to create a safe and healthy learning environment that will nurture, motivate and challenge all of our children to achieve the highest level of academic excellence and to develop into mindful, responsible, contributing participants in their education, their community and the diverse society in which we live.
What makes VOICE different?
At VOICE, it’s not just about the music. It’s about the people. It’s about what you can be. It’s about using your passion. It’s about relationships. It’s about having the opportunity to choose. It’s about caring for each individual child. Our teachers, administrators, students and parents come together to support our children’s education. We operate as part of a professional learning community that promotes collegiality, shared work, and unending reflection and growth. At VOICE, you will be pushed to become more.
We believe in efficacy. At the core of our academic culture is the idea that all students are capable of doing well in any discipline. At VOICE, all students will learn.
We support and develop the effectiveness of our teachers. We believe that teachers need time to collaborate to build their practice, so we provide them with over two hours of planning time a day, as well as additional days for curriculum development and training during the school year.
We promote participation in music and the arts. Asmusic and art both help to develop problem solving and critical thinking skills and open children’s imaginations, all VOICE students participate in daily activities in the arts, including rigorous choral training. We design our arts-integrated curriculum to bring joy to the lives of our children in order to provide them with the skills necessary to forge their own path.
All Faculty and Staff at VOICE:
- Love and nurture all of our students as they become deeply caring and responsible individuals
- Take personal responsibility for the performance and growth of each individual student as we understand that the progress of all students is directly under our control
- Work collaboratively
- Hold themselves to the highest standards
- Push and support themselves, their students, and their colleagues
- Proactively seek and incorporate feedback
- Help each individual child gain the opportunity to choose what his or her future will be
The Registration Coordinator supports VOICE Charter School’s students by building systems that track and maintain the accuracy of VOICE’s student records and by proactively forecasting VOICE’s enrollment model. S/he may work on one or more of the following subject areas including, but not limited to: data analysis, project management, visualizing and building student data infrastructure, stakeholder engagement, and data entry.
Registration and Enrollment
- Strategically own and streamline VOICE’s processes that impact student recruitment and retention at VOICE, including but not limited to:
- VOICE’s enrollment & growth model;
- Student registration;
- Class rosters & re-organization
- Support the onboarding process for VOICE’s students, including but not limited to:
- Supporting the development of a strategic plan for student onboarding at VOICE;
- Collaborating with our campus management team to produce better systems for student recruitment;
- Helping streamline systems and structures to better support students before they enroll.
- Ensure VOICE’s student records are reliable, accurate, and compliant with local, state, and federal law by collecting, organizing, tracking, maintaining, and conceptually improving robust data systems at VOICE, including:
- VOICE’s systems for compliance records (i.e. immunization forms, birth certificates, and other documentation needed to enroll);
- VOICE’s student lottery process;
- VOICE’s daily, monthly, and yearly student attendance;
- VOICE student retention and attrition data.
- Generate meaningful student data reports within ATS and Salesforce to help inform data-driven decision making;
- Support the High School Placement Specialist in tracking and communicating student data to their schools after they graduate from VOICE;
- Routinely audit and assess VOICE’s student records and data to ensure VOICE’s compliance and overall organizational health.
Student Support Projects
- Envision and improve VOICE’s report card process, helping to streamline our system for grading and communicating results to parents;
- Help improve VOICE’s current process for promotion-in-doubt students;
- Support vacation request meetings for students and families;
- Ensure legal documentation (Orders of Protection, etc.) are accurate, organized and clearly communicated to ensure student safety;
- Help support special education students (and VOICE’s fiscal health) by administrating home language surveys and maintaining reliable special education data.
Communication and Engagement
- Collaborate with several different stakeholders within the VOICE community, including but not limited to:
- VOICE Parents
- VOICE Students
- VOICE Teachers
- VOICE Social Workers
- VOICE Support Staff
- VOICE’s Senior Leadership Team
- Work with external vendors, including district schools, to ensure student data is transitioned when necessary;
- Engage stakeholders in key projects of this role, gathering their input to improve registration, enrollment, and data management processes at VOICE.
- Support and assist the team with any other administrative activities and projects that may arise related to Data and Technology;
- Perform additional tasks as needed in support of other departments;
- Support the management of the Data and Technology temp(s) and assistant(s) by delegating tasks and providing feedback.
- Unwavering commitment to VOICE mission, vision, and values
- Models high standards of integrity, trust, openness, and respect for others
- Demonstrates integrity by honoring commitments and promises
- Operates and follows through on assigned tasks and projects under specific time constraints and by specified deadlines
- Is productive and carries fair share of the workload; focuses on quality and expends the necessary time and effort to achieve goals
- Seeks to understand and meet and/or exceed the needs and expectations of customers and clients; treats customers and clients with respect
- Builds and maintains excellent positive relationships with and between team members
- Recognizes the constructive value of and embraces feedback
- Responds and adapts to developing challenges and obstacles when under pressure calmly and logically to develop working solutions in a timely manner
- Identifies and seeks to resolve and prevent problems
- Approaches new challenges as opportunities to improve skills and abilities, seeking advice and feedback to constantly improve
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional learning
Skills and Knowledge
- Exercises discretion regarding sensitive personal and legal information
- Effectively prioritizes tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Responds to requests in a professional manner, even in difficult circumstances; provides accurate and timely service
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others to achieve goals
- Writes clearly and concisely; listens attentively to others and responds appropriately; takes into account the audience and nature of the information
- Verbally articulates progress against tasks clearly and concisely; communicates ideas, suggestions and concerns as well as outcomes and progress throughout the course of a task or project
- Regularly applies feedback and training outcomes to the work to grow continuously in and add value to the role
- Ensures that all problems encountered are addressed at the appropriate level and communicates all relevant information on a timely basis with accuracy and completeness
- Manages up and laterally by proactively providing supervisors and clients support and solutions to move work and projects forward
- Delegates tasks clearly and concisely, holding others accountable to deadlines and outcomes
- Identifies and seeks to resolve and prevent conflicts with team members
- Monitors workloads and provides feedback
- Demonstrates knowledge of education technology, software, equipment, and resources
- Articulates best practices in school data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive applications
- Demonstrates knowledge of an ATS system
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of experience working in an office environment required
- 1-2 years of administrative and/or data management experience
Applications are enhanced if candidates:
- Have had 1-2 years of experience working in a nonprofit organization or school
- Have Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel
- Have had experience in the following:
- Microsoft Access
Compensation and Benefits: The hourly rate for this position is $25.00 an hour.
VOICE Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In its employment decisions, VOICE does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
Read more here:: Idealist