Organization: Clinton Health Access Initiative
Closing date: 09 Oct 2016
Clinton Health Access Initiative
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI’s teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
Talent Acquisition Department
The Global Talent Acquisition Department partners with CHAI’s leadership and management to ensure that we attract and hire quality candidates to fulfill our human resources needs. Due to the continued success of our initiative we continue to grow exponentially. As a result, the Talent Acquisition Department plays a critical role to recruit and hire staff that will be a part of an organization proud of its culture and values. At CHAI, we work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our teams are respectful, collaborative, and humble and thrive in an uncompromising culture of excellence.
Talent Acquisition Associate
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Talent Acquisition team to support ongoing hiring needs. This individual would be based in one of our East African country offices. Successful applicants will have a strong interest in global health and/or international development and a proven track record of in sourcing, screening and hiring top caliber professionals. Ideally this individual will have previous experience working & living in Africa.
The Talent Acquisition Associate will be part of a team whose mission is to support our global programs & country teams. He/she will partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, job profiles and strategies.
The Talent Acquisition Associate will also responsible for helping maintain team efficiency by contributing to special projects related to outreach strategy, systems building and streamlining of processes. This position reports to the Talent Acquisition, Manager based in Nairobi & will work closely with country leadership in their country of assignment, in addition to the broader East African region, to support staffing needs & strategic sourcing objectives.
Candidate should be willing to relocate within 3 months of official hire.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers
- Act as advisor to hiring managers to determine staffing needs and profiles for each open position
- Work with hiring managers and CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Team to identify optimal sourcing strategy for each position
- Develop a pipeline of qualified candidates using diverse, cost-effective techniques
- Manage applicant information and status in applicant tracking database; ensure the highest integrity of data.
- Provide consistent communication to hiring teams and candidates on the position status, throughout the interviewing and hiring process.
- Identify and screen potential candidates to assess their abilities, and recommend qualified candidates based on phone interview and pre-employment assessment; proactively manage internal referrals
- Contribute to African regional outreach strategy, systems development and refining recruitment programs, tools and processes
- Represent CHAI in recruiting events as necessary, present CHAI’s mission, core approach and core programs at institutions both domestically and abroad.
- Communicate CHAI’s compensation framework to candidates. Ensure realistic expectations are set with each candidate
- Extend both verbal and written job offers, negotiate offer terms with candidates. Collaborate with Global Human Resource Partners, Directors & Coordinators to ensure onboarding is streamlined
- Provide guidance on CHAI’s Global Talent Acquisition best practices & policies. Lead the incorporation of relevant policies at a local level & customize best practices to align with country context.
Deliver Hiring Manager trainings which focus on recruitment tools & techniques, talent management & interview optimization in conjunction with local HR counterpart(s).
Bachelor’s degree & a minimum of 2 years proven recruiting experience hiring for a wide range of positions
Expertise in creative sourcing and applicant development
Demonstrated experience conducting a diverse range interviews (behavioral, technical, etc.)
Strong written and oral communication skills
Prior experience developing assessment tools for Hiring Managers
Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as with a team
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure
Adept interpersonal skills; strength in developing and maintaining client management relationships
- Prior experience living or working in East Africa
- French language fluency (Kinyarwanda or other language skills preferred)
- Public speaking & outreach experience strongly preferred
- Experience recruiting international
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb