Organization: Oxfam America
Closing date: 23 Sep 2016
WHO WE ARE
Oxfam is a global organization working to right the wrongs of poverty, hunger, and injustice. We work with people in more than 90 countries to create lasting solutions. Oxfam saves lives, develops long-term solutions to poverty, and campaigns for social change.
OXFAM has been active in Senegal for more than two decades. In recent years, our focus has been on supporting sustainable livelihoods, promoting good governance and ensuring sustainable human development in the face of crisis and human/natural disasters.
To provide professional, business focused HR services/support to Senegal Office Staff and Management, delivering a proactive and solutions based approach for resolving issues and ensuring that staff are effectively resourced, managed and developed to deliver organisational strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsible for the coordination and administration of process
To align the delivery of HR support (HR basics) to meet business needs that incorporates best practice and techniques and is compliant with agreed performance levels and legal requirements, across all the following range of HR processes:
- Recruitment in order to attract, retain and develop the people needed to enable delivery of Senegal Country Strategy
- Workforce planning – manage organograms and advise on future staffing needs
- Performance Management – Champions PM in country, supports line managers to fulfil their obligations in the process
- Employee Relations and labour law – ensuring ER policies and procedures are fair and compliant with labour law via working with lawyers where necessary; interpret legal advice and ER policy in country
- Pay and Reward including the negotiation of starting salaries / Compensation, Pension and Benefits
- Payroll: ensure staff are paid accurately and on time by preparing and inputting the monthly payroll calculations, including computations for leavers.
- Attendance management– including maternity cases
- Change Management- Facilitates HR elements of change in country, working closely with change manager.
- Health and Safety and employee well-being that ensures the country H&S plans are in place and that reporting is done correctly.
- Coordinate the in country succession planning and employee engagement strategies.
- Regularly produce HR management information for CD and Senior Managers
- Manage the link and relationship to all OI HR shared services
Be responsible for the country annual pay review process, working in close cooperation with the Oxfam Reward Shared Service.
Ensure there is accurate staff information on the HR System (where applicable)
Ensure Gender and diversity policies are appropriately implemented and instilled in daily office life so as to build an office culture that supports an open environment where staff can comfortably discuss problems that may impact on their work.
Staff Performance, Training & Development
- Manage the country Learning and Development plan and implementation
- Assist managers in the identification of staff training/development needs/opportunities, elaborate and implement development plans
- Process employee requests for external training while complying with policies and procedures.
- Promote integrated staff development system including staff induction, learning and development, performance management and provide orientation on key Oxfam policies (Code of conduct, Anti-bullying and harassment policies, Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policies, etc.)
- Assist & train staff and managers on Oxfam talent management (goal settings, performance review, OA University, Upward feedback).
- Assist to maintain a good work environment and ensure compliance/adherence to local labor laws and Oxfam key policies.
- Ensure that Oxfam health & security guidelines and practices are maintained and implemented
- Provide information and assistance to staff and managers on work related issues.
- Open and maintain employee’s files both physical and electronic (credentials and relevant documents, changes, records, etc.)
- Ensure employees termination management in collaboration with the line manager and finance (property and assets hand over, exit interview, terminal grants, clearance, certificate of services, follow-up with Boston, etc.)
Confidential Support to the Country Director
- Support the Country Director to receive, treat and respond to messages requesting her appreciation and/or her decision and facilitate the follow up
- Advise the CD on HR issues upon request
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business administration or Human resources. Perfectly bilingual (French and English).
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience, preferably in an NGO or non-profit setting.
- Strong knowledge of Senegal Labor laws, conventions and unions regulations
- High proficiency in advanced administrative concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to make sound independent decisions, judgment and use own initiative.
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including composing professional emails and writing for a variety of audiences. Ability to give and receive editorial feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to summarize and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work on a wide variety of tasks simultaneously. Must be able to meet deadlines and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong research and analytical skills; imagination and creativity to find information.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related software applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other databases.
- Collegial nature and ability to develop good relationships with multiple constituencies and work as a team member.
- High degree of poise, judgment, discretion, and responsibility; ability to handle confidential information, ability to anticipate problems, and confidence to follow through.
- Participation in a team based environment
- Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Practice of labor law in advisory work environment
- Knowledge of the field of fundraising and program planning;
- Cross-culture understanding of how an international development agency operates, communicate well cross-culturally.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
This opportunity is for a dedicated and highly motivated professional with strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you qualify for this post and you are the candidate that we are looking for, please submit your application and CV at:
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 23 SEPTEMBER 2016
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb