Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 20 Sep 2016
Position Title : Information Technology Officer
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 20 September 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and
the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer in South Sudan, and in close coordination with ITC in Headquarters (HQs) and Manila, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the Information Technology component of all IOM operations under the purview of the Mission. Specifically, s/he will administer, supervise and prioritize ITC technical support of IOM operations in South Sudan and its sub-offices. S/he will participate in the IOM IT infrastructure evolution, and ensure timely responses to all business requirements in support of IOM operations in South Sudan.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Supervise and coordinate the activities of the ITC unit in South Sudan, ensuring that all requests are addressed timely and accurately with efficient allocation of resources. Assist the administration in the adequate planning and provision of IT resources for the mission.
Plan for systems upgrades and IT infrastructure changes in line with IOM ITC Standards and in close coordination with the Information Technology and Communications Service Centre in Manila. Install systems, network components, and software. Suggest optimal technical solutions to achieve required standards while taking into consideration local technical constraints.
Secure the implementation of IOM ITC Standards, policies, and guidelines, in particular with regards to implementation of network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms, and ITC procurement.
Monitor on a daily basis mission-critical applications such as the Migrant Management Operational Systems Application and the SAP-based Processes and Resources Integrated Systems Management. Liaise effectively with technical counterparts for the proper functioning and availability of those systems. Assist with end-user training when required.
Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN, messaging, Internet and VSATs connectivity, VPN, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
Ensure daily monitoring and adequate completion of server backups.
Develop and implement, when necessary, ITC training to all end users to ensure productive use of IT and telecommunications resources.
Provide remote technical support to all IOM South Sudan offices. Conduct on-site visits when necessary.
Maintain the office’s ITC inventory for hardware and software (safeguarding media and licenses), including regular updates to the technical documentation of IT networks.
Liaise with ITC service providers and vendors for the adequate provision of supplies and services.
Advise mission management as necessary, for the required improvements on mission IT infrastructure and provision of services as required for the efficient functioning of mission operations.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in managing a medium to large scale systems/networking environment;
• Experience in design of a large scale global implementation of Exchange 2003 and 2010;
• Knowledge of Exchange 2003 and 2010 Server design/implementation a plus; Extensive knowledge of Exchange 2003 and 2010 architecture, Windows 2000, Window 2003, Windows
2008 and Active Directory; knowledge of anti-virus/content filtering software deployment/support;
• Demonstrated experience in large-scale email migration and integration projects proficient with
Exchange 2003/2010, DNS Server and Internet Protocols;
• Ability to integrate Exchange Server with best of breed third party management tools, familiarity with end to end automation of Exchange dependent business and operational processes Exchange Server related programming skills are a plus;
• Familiarity with different types of messaging connectors;
• Ability to troubleshoot Exchange 2003/2010/Outlook Client issues;
• Ability to provide end-user support to messaging clients;
• Knowledgeable on VHF/UHF radios, VHF mobile/base station, HF mobile/base station and
Panasonic PABX system a big plus;
• Knowledge of Cisco Products (Routers, PIX Firewall, ASA Firewall,VPN, etc.);
• Must possess an in-depth understanding of the capabilities of Microsoft Office sharepoint Server 2010 and sharepoint Designer 2010 with a thorough knowledge of architectural design, web parts development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting enterprise sharepoint implementations;
• Experience configuring and working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 required;
• MCTS sharepoint 2010 with experience in managing information management a distinct advantage;
• Knowledge of Windows 2000/2003 MCSE or MCSA a plus.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 20 September 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 07.09.2016 to 20.09.2016
Requisition: SVN 2016/93 (P) – Information Technology Officer (P2) – Juba, South Sudan (54853137) Released
Posting: Posting NC54855590 (54855590) Released
Read more here:: ReliefWeb