Closing date: 29 Nov 2016
Norlha is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious association based in Lausanne, Switzerland, that supports remote communities in the Himalayas in building capacities that will allow their sustainable development, through integrated projects in food security, income generation and environment protection, with a strong focus on supporting women. Currently Norlha is looking for tow replacements as:
Contract type: professional volunteer position
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you able to help Norlha increase its visibility and fundraising efforts? Do you have experience of running fundraising events in the charity or NGO sector? Can you help promote our ambassador the top Swiss mountaineer, Sophie Lavaud in her fundraising exploits?
Mission and activities
• Organising fundraising and promotional events from concept to execution
• Managing the organisational logistics
• Promoting the event across all platforms including digital
• Devising an exciting events programme for the next 18 months
We are looking for an experienced highly motivated self-starter with plenty of ideas to help drive our events over the next two years.
• Two years’ experience or more, organising events or working in a marketing department
• Highly committed, independent and dependable, good interpersonal skills
• Fluency in French and English, spoken and written
• Ready to help us mount an exciting public event in spring 2017
• Interest in the Himalayan region and people
• Engagement in poverty reduction and development of people in need, focus on capacity building
• Strengthening your project management and NGO experience to make a difference
• Working in an enthusiastic and motivated cohesive team,
• Training and professional development opportunities
• High degree of autonomy, good sense of responsibility, ample room for initiative
• Never a dull moment
How to apply:
Duration and working time: minimum 18 months, at least 30%
This part-time, long-term volunteer position is not paid and an applicant must have a legal right for long term volunteering in Switzerland
This position could suit a professional, recently retired and seeking a new challenge or taking time out/working part time.
Location: Norlha office in Lausanne, Partial home-based work is possible.
Application process: please sent your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Events manager
Closing date for application: November 2016
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Read more here:: ReliefWeb