Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 17 Nov 2016
Management Information Systems (MIS)/Database Management Expert, USAID/Uganda Strategic Information Technical Support Activity, Uganda
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is planning to bid on a USAID Strategic Information Technical Support Activity. The activity intends to facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda’s heath system, with particular focus on its response to HIV/AIDS epidemic. The anticipated project will be a multi-year contract up to five years.
SI is seeking a MIS/Database Management Expert to be responsible for providing support for improving data flow systems and effective and accurate data exchange. This position will be full-time and based in Kampala, Uganda.
· Support quality improvement in the data flow systems like the Uganda Health Management Information System (HMIS) Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC).
· Ensure effective data transfers and exchanges into the District Health Information Software (DHIS).
· Accountable for the timely and accurate delivery of data exchange into the PEPFAR and Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator systems.
· Bachelor’s degree with eight years of experience in IT, MIS, Database Management, or related field, and with an additional four years of experience developing and/or managing health information systems.
· Demonstrated knowledge of managing medical records, particularly clinic registers and HMIS.
· Experience with population based surveys such as AIDS Indicator Survey (AIS) and Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) highly preferred.
· Fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb