Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 17 Nov 2016
Strategic Information Team Lead, USAID/Uganda Strategic Information Technical Support Activity, Uganda
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is planning to bid on a USAID Strategic Information Technical Support Activity. The activity intends to facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda’s heath system, with particular focus on its response to HIV/AIDS epidemic. The anticipated project will be a multi-year contract up to five years.
SI is seeking a Strategic Information Team Lead to be responsible for ensuring the quality of data used in planning and reporting as well as technical assistance. This position will be full-time and based in Kampala, Uganda.
· Ensure the quality of data used in PEPFAR planning and reporting.
· Oversee M&E technical assistance and ensure assistance is given to GOU.
· Facilitate increased data use at USG, GOU, district and facility levels.
· Minimum eight years of providing services related to gathering, synthesizing and sharing data that facilitate evidence-based health programming and program management, with at least a Master’s degree and three years of experience in strategic information areas such as applied research, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, health informatics, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) management information systems, information technology or data management; or a bachelor’s degree with five years of experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of data needs for PEPFAR reporting.
· Demonstrated strong qualitative and quantitative data collection and analytical skills.
· Experience in health program M&E, health informatics, research and survey management, data management, information systems and implementation science/operations research.
· Fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb