Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 20 Sep 2016
Salary: £35,000- £38,000 pa
Farringdon, London – with international travel, up to 40% annually
Up to 12 month Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for a proactive and committed individual to join us as Donor Compliance Manager covering UNICEF and other emerging UN accounts with the aim to deliver a suite of detailed practical guidance on how to manage donor funding opportunities efficiently. You will support a wide range of stakeholders, provide expert advice and support our account strategies.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As a member of the Partnership Development team, you will contribute to the provision and cultivation of expertise in donor relationship, compliance, business development and engagement in order to enhance and amplify our long term donor partnerships, influencing and collaborating with them in order to achieve our shared goals for children. Your expertise will be required to:
- Provide effective support in capturing key learnings from managing UNICEF funding, engaging effectively with counterparts from UNICEF to bed in the collaboration and efficiency improvements sought under the new PCA;
- Develop the scope of compliance support required under other emerging UN accounts (UNDP, UNWHO, UNFPA, UNWFP) and produce practical guidance in order to meet expectations and requirements;
- Develop and where applicable implement risk mitigation strategies through engagement or capacity building work in collaboration with key colleagues;
- Act as a donor lead as assigned (UNICEF and emerging UN accounts) to ensure that DCM team is up to date with new donor requirements and act cohesively in supporting Regional Portfolio teams and other key stakeholders
- Prepare, plan, implement and report on donor compliance reviews working in close collaboration with the Regional Portfolio teams in identifying SCI country offices and programmes for which such exercise is the most relevant;
To be successful you will have good operational experience, ideally involving multi-sector programming or health and nutrition programming experience. You should have solid expertise in UNICEF existing contracting and award management procedures or from major institutional donors. With excellent verbal and written communication skills you will have the ability to challenge and negotiate assertively and cooperatively with senior staff. In addition you will have:
- A degree level education in technical or general field related to humanitarian/development work
- Practice knowledge of financial accounting and financial knowledge
- Experience of analyzing complex budgets and interpreting grant and contract management rules on budget management requirements
- The ability to manage a complex and varied workload and to organize and priotise work to ensure peer service delivery is met effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to assess the needs or users and the organization in varying situations.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 20th September 2016
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website,link below:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb