Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 21 Sep 2016
UK – with travel
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable individual to join us as Humanitarian Pharmacy Adviser supporting Save the Children’s efforts in delivering effective, efficient and high quality emergency health responses.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Humanitarian department integrates emergency and development work, through our country programmes. It increases our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Humanitarian Pharmacy Advisor you will support the ongoing development of the Emergency Health Unit and its components using your expertise to advise in the planning, implementation of and exit from humanitarian health operations. You will also contribute to building pharmaceutical emergency preparedness and contingency planning and provide standards and advice to the EHU and related stakeholders in clinical pharmacy. In addition you will:
- Provide technical advice on, and provide technical sign off on, pharmaceutical procurement including supplier assessments and selection and tender committee support
- Provide technical advice to stakeholders in pharmaceutical supply chain management including healthcare waste management and controlled drug management
- Develop and deliver training for EHU clinicians, logisticians and operations staff in medical logistics and pharmaceutical care of the patient
- Create and maintain the currency of robust, practical and comprehensive documentation relating to medicines management and pharmaceutical care in emergencies
- Write and contribute to reports, risk registers, work plans and business cases, as required.
To be successful you will have a degree in Pharmacy or equivalent Pharmacy qualification with experience working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure. You should also be fluent in French or Arabic with strong planning, management and decision making skills. In addition you will have:
- Experience of medical procurement and managing medical supplies and pharmaceutical supply chain management
- The ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Experience conducting pharmacy, logistics or health assessments, particularly in an emergency context
- Experience of capacity building and supervising clinical and logistic staff.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 21st September 2016
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website below:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb