Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 27 Oct 2016
Research Analyst, Impact Evaluation of the Cambodia Integrated
Nutrition, Hygiene and Sanitation (NOURISH) Project,
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: USAID/Cambodia is funding an integrated nutrition and sanitation intervention in Cambodia with the goal of positively affecting health outcomes of children under two years. MSI has been contracted by USAID/Washington’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment to measure the hypothesis that these combined interventions result in greater health outcomes than either intervention alone via an experimental impact evaluation.
Position Summary: The Research Analyst will support the MSI evaluation team in the data cleaning and analysis of the baseline for this impact evaluation. No travel or fieldwork is required. Prior experience managing large datasets for health studies is highly preferred.
Note: Applicants living in the Washington, DC metro area are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Support the data quality control process for internal consistence.
- Manage the datasets, including cleaning, merging, and reshaping.
- Create sampling weights for the main survey and appropriate weights for the merged data.
- Construct index variables (such as dietary diversity and wealth) and WHO anthropometric measures following international definitions.
- Produce summary statistics and conduct baseline difference in means tests of key outcomes and covariate variables.
- Translate the data into engaging graphs and tables.
- Assist in writing relevant data and analysis sections in the Evaluation Report.
- Other data analysis tasks as requested by the evaluation team.
- Master’s level degree(s) or equivalent in relevant field, such as in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, economics, or international development; PhD student preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with statistical analysis software (STATA or R).
- Relevant experience conducting analysis of health data, including anthropometry measures, diarrheal disease, as well as basic summary statistics and t-tests.
- Excellent written English communication skills, with focus on research protocols, research papers and descriptive reports for diverse audience.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to generate clearly documented do-files, responsive communication with Principal Investigators and Coordinator, and ability to work independently in order to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience with impact evaluation methods highly desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/r9m5v45byp
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb