Posted by: Feminist Women’s Health Center
Atlanta, GA, US
Looking for a talented and experienced Development (fundraising) professional with a dedication to reproductive rights, health and justice.
The Associate Director of Development & Communications reports to the Executive Director along with supervises two employees, a Development Specialist and a Marketing & Communications Associate.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive development, communications and marketing plan, including the following main areas:
Foundation Support: Lead, manage and expand foundation support. Write grant proposals, reports, and other correspondence. Coordinate visits to and from foundations. Oversee grant expenditures, program evaluation and progress in coordination with program staff.
Individual Donor Gifts: Lead, plan and implement plans for direct mail, internet fundraising, gift solicitations, and donor maintenance communications/relationship-building strategies.
Fundraising Events: Lead, plan and implement two events including an existing signature fundraising event.
Board Relations & Support: Provide support and liaison to the Board Development Committee.
Communications, Marketing & Advertising: Direct and oversee external communications such as the FWHC newsletter, brochures, online communications via website and social media, marketing and advertising.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Three years progressively responsible work experience in development required. At least one year of experience in supervising other employees is also required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to reproductive health, rights and justice.
- Knowledge of professional practices and theories of fundraising and marketing.
- High level of computer literacy, familiarity with database management and software desirable.
- Familiarity with metro Atlanta’s philanthropic community is needed.
- Ability to build, maintain and manage long-term relationships with fundraising constituents.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, high level of initiative and ability to work independently, especially in problem solving, planning, and follow up.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and infrequent weekends due to required attendance at special events and some evening meetings; board meetings are quarterly on Saturday.
- Upbeat, positive, personable, and ability to relate well with diverse people and age groups is required.
Please submit a Cover Letter (which includes information on the candidate’s dedication to our nonprofit mission), Resume, and Application Checklist (this form is on our website) to:
Feminist Women’s Health Center
1924 Cliff Valley Way
Atlanta, GA 30329
Fax: 404-417-0878 or email@example.com
Feminist Women’s Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Read more here:: Idealist