Organization: Cambodian Children’s Trust
Closing date: 21 Oct 2016
Need a challenge? Help us prepare and grow our team for an exciting new project!
12-month contract (possibility of extension)
Cambodian Children’s Trust (CCT) is a secular, non-profit Cambodian NGO with a holistic range of programs and services that enable vulnerable children in Battambang to break free from the intergenerational cycle of poverty, while promoting family preservation and reintegration.
CCT has a challenging opportunity for an enthusiastic professional with strong organisational skills to oversee recruitment and staff development. We have a great working environment with people who will support you; projects that will motivate you; and an atmosphere that will allow further development of your skills.
CCT is a key implementing partner for the Family Care First Cambodia (FCFC) project funded by USAID. The aim of the FCFC project is to ensure that children are cared for in a safe family environment by developing a comprehensive care system in Cambodia, which can respond effectively to the needs of vulnerable children and families. This period of growth requires the recruitment of additional staff members, and the HR Technical Advisor will be tasked with assisting the HR Manager to drive this process.
- Conducting end-to-end recruitment for key positions.
- Meeting with CCT management and department heads to determine recruitment needs and requirements, provide updates and advise on suitable applicants.
- Conducting onboarding of new staff (for example: assist international staff with relocation and orientation).
- Identifying and implementing a recruitment strategy that attracts strong job candidates.
- Contributing to strategic planning, organisation development, workforce and succession planning.
- Helping with governance and ensuring we comply with Cambodian labour laws.
- Revising current systems, policies, and standardising contracts and employment documents.
- Reviewing skill gaps and training plans for staff.
- Ensuring all contractual obligations by both CCT and employees are in order, as well as conducting contract evaluations and disciplinary action as required.
- Ensuring child protection policies are in place and are being adhered to.
- Ensuring a safe environment for all staff, beneficiaries and visitors.
Note: this a technical advisor position and a big part of the role is capacity building and the transference of new skills to our Khmer HR team. Emphasis is also placed on the implementation of succession plans and skills training for the entire CCT team.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of three years HR experience and relevant qualifications.
- International recruitment expertise (preferred).
- Policy and procedure writing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build relationships with diverse groups of people and maintain effective working relations at all levels within and outside CCT.
- Good attention to detail and organisation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and flexibility to drive system improvements, and is accountable for seeing tasks through to completion.
- Experience liaising with job training services (preferred).
How to apply:
Send cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line: HR Technical Advisor. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as CVs are received, so please send through your application as soon as possible.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb