Posted by: Fair Work Center
Seattle, WA, US
Application deadline: November 10, 2016
Reports to: Sam Keller, Program Director
Description: Hourly Non-Exempt position
Below is a job description for a ¾ time community facilitator that will be part of the outreach and education team. We are seeking a community facilitator to engage low-wage workers in conducting needs assessments and community dialogues to inform Fair Work Center’s work.
- Identify, build and deepen relationships with low-wage workers in community.
- Support other staff in trainings with workers and community based organizations in Seattle and Washington State.
- Implement outreach and strategies to engage workers in Fair Work Center’s programs.
- Participate in a team wide effort to establish a worker advisory board for Fair Work Center.
- Coordinate the design and implementation 1) community driven focus groups and 2) surveys to assess the barriers workers face.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all trades, mission driven, a quick-learner, flexible and have deep respect for workers.
- Commitment to fairness at work and racial and economic equity.
- 3-5 years of experience working in outreach, adult education, community organizing, social work, case management or any combination of experience that demonstrates an ability to connect with and support workers as they empower themselves.
- Experience working with immigrant and refugees and communities of color.
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Ability and interest in giving presentations and speaking with people one-on-one.
- A strong interest in working collaboratively with a demonstrated ability for time and project management.
- Self-starter who is interested in owning and driving outreach at FWC.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and experience with CRM Databases.
- Proficiency in a second language (highly preferred languages include: Chinese, Tigrinya, Oromo, Portuguese or Spanish)
- Experience working in low-wage jobs.
- Experience conducing community driven research
Salary and Benefits:
This position is a ¾ time position, paying $23.00 – $25.00 per hour (depending on experience) with a competitive benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Facilitator Application” in the subject line by November 10, 2016
Fair Work Center does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, housing status, disability, national origin, age or genetic information.
Read more here:: Idealist