Organization: CTS Global
Country: Dominican Republic
Closing date: 01 Jan 2017
Would you like to work with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as a “Epidemiology Strategic Information Advisor” Consultant? Now is your chance! CTS Global (CTS) is responsible to support and assist CDC by hiring and assigning subject matter expert consultants to their organization.
Please take a moment to see if this excellent opportunity is right for you:
Position Title: Epidemiology Strategic Information Advisor (PFP)
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Location: Santo Domingo – Dominican Republic
Summary of Position:
This position is a key technical and scientific advisor to CDC in the Dominican Republic and Ministry of Health to help with quality enhancement for PEPFAR supported HIV/AIDS, STI & TB and epidemiologic, surveillance and related research operations studies nationwide. In addition, the position supports the Partnership Framework Project (PFP), which is an effective program evaluation/systematic way to improve and account for public health actions by involving procedures that are useful, feasible, ethical, and accurate. The framework guides public health professionals in their use of program evaluation.
Duties & Objectives:
• Ensures that proposed activities are within the scope of the National Strategic Plan Operational Research Strategy
• Provides advice on the planning, implementation and monitoring of TB/STl epidemiologic studies, operational research and targeted evaluation projects in Dominican Republic (DR)
• Supports the management of multiple large research data files, and ensures data confidentiality
• Assists with planning, developing, and reviewing of operational research components of the annual COP
• Develop research study protocols and conduct studies
• Evaluate impact of study findings
• Develop specific research goals and objectives
• Compiles and edits operational research activities for annual COP
• Develop data management systems to capture research data and findings
• Evaluate the PMTCT and M&E systems
You will need a combination of education and experience. Do you qualify?
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• Graduation from an accredited university with a master’s level degree in public health, epidemiology, medical science or related field is required
• At least 3 years of experience working with structure and operations of the health care delivery at the national, provincial and regional level in international setting required
• 3 to 5 years public health experience in developing, implementing and evaluating Maternal and Child Health, HIV/AIDS prevention programs or other relevant public health programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partner is required
• Ability to use office software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, RDS or STAT A
• At least 3 years of knowledge and experience in epidemiology, disease surveillance and HIV/AIDS issues is required
• Willingness and ability to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English on a daily basis while interacting with various groups of people
• Level 2 proficiency is required in both English and Spanish
• Required to pass a security background check/clearance
**CTS offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to apply:
Please submit an updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please visit our website to learn more about us: www.ctsglobalusa.com
Read more here:: ReliefWeb