Posted by: 1199SEIU Funds
Boston, MA, US
The 1199SEIU Training & Employment Funds provide education and job training programs for over 40,000 unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. Our mission is to develop high quality training, placement and labor-management initiatives. We also aim to develop the ability of union and management to problem-solve difficult issues and to create innovative healthcare solutions.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Field Coordinator I for our Regional Programs department.
- Provide students with educational, career advising, and tuition assistance services to union members at healthcare worksites.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of adult education and skills training programs for workers; partner with vendors, market program and recruit students.
- Work with labor-management committees to identify training needs and promote fund.
- Partner with union staff and leaders to promote fund and develop opportunities to serve members.
- Research appropriate vendors, negotiate training contracts, and evaluate program quality and success.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Career Counseling or equivalent years of experience required;
- Minimum two (2) years experience in adult higher education or workforce development required; union and labor relations.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Knowledge of adult education principles and best practices and career coaching
- Knowledge of career and educational pathways and degree programs in the health care field a plus
- Demonstrated accomplishment and experience in designing, planning, implementing and evaluating education and training programs.
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Strong attention to details and ability to work well independently
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
Read more here:: Idealist