Closing date: 06 Nov 2016
- An exciting opportunity to contribute to the evolution of Oxfam in the Pacific.
- Fixed Term, 2 year position
- Based in Suva, Fiji
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together for a future without poverty. We work to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them.
To achieve our vision in the Pacific, we are forming a regional entity known as “Oxfam in the Pacific”, led by a Regional Director and guided by a new Regional Governance Group.
The Regional HR and Capacity Development Manager will provide human resource and organisational development leadership and management services to the Pacific region. You will take a proactive and solution-based approach for resolving issues and ensuring that staff are effectively resourced, managed and developed to deliver the organisational strategy.
You will provide HR leadership, advice, counsel and solutions in analysing people issues and challenges across the region. You will coordinate all the HR plans and develop a common HR framework for the region. Additionally, provide support to managers in the development and coaching of staff to optimise their potential in pursuit of Oxfam’s objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree in Human Resources or related field with substantial knowledge and experience of general human resource management
- Substantial knowledge and experience of capacity and organisational development, especially capacity building and skills transfer, change management, learning and development and knowledge management.
- Extensive experience in Human Resources Management, Organisation Development and leading and developing teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multi-cultural team
We can offer you
- A competitive remuneration package
- The opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A flexible and supportive workplace with opportunities for career progression and development.
- The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their fields.
How to apply:
- To apply, please submit your CV, cover letter and a response addressing the required selection criteria outlined above to email@example.com
- Applications close: Sunday 6 November 2016 at 5pm AEST
Oxfam is committed to supporting the leadership capability of Pacific Islanders in our country and regional programs. Our aim is to support the development of a Pacific regional program that is led by people who think globally and act locally, people who not only understand the local context, but live it. Pacific Islander peoples are therefore strongly encouraged to apply.
Oxfam in the Pacific is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb