Organization: Internews Europe
Closing date: 20 Nov 2016
Internews Humanitarian Information Service in Haiti is responding to the information needs of those affected by Hurricane Matthew. The project aims to increase the quantity, reach & impact of life-saving humanitarian information to the thousands who are displaced, have lost their homes and livelihoods, and remain vulnerable to health and other risks. The project also aims to give people a voice on the many issues affecting their lives and futures, and to open channels for communication between affected communities and the humanitarians who seek to help them.
The Feedback analyst supports the Response Team with collating, processing and analyzing qualitative feedback gathered from hurricane affected communities and working with a graphic designer to make it available to the communities and to humanitarian agencies and other stakeholders. The Feedback analyst will also support the Humanitarian Liaison Officer in turning this feedback into regular humanitarian reports with a strong focus on user-friendliness and identifying the right visuals that can help make the diverse sets of data relevant for a wider audience.
Scope of Work:
- Support feedback gathering by Internews staff and partners by evaluating methodology and suggesting improvements where necessary.
- Help turn qualitative data into useful content for Haitian audiences and humanitarian agencies.
- Provide regular updates to the Project Team on key trends and issues arising in affected communities.
- Produce regular updates for humanitarian partners to improve their understanding of community concerns and questions.
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation activities to assess impact, reach and quality of the on-going project.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- French speaker: Required.
- Strong in research, information management and/or monitoring and evaluation in development/humanitarian contexts.
- Strong data management skills, including thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Data visualisation skills and knowledge of the relevant software to produce infographics are a plus.
- Strong software skills to ensure proper design and lay-out of the regular reports.
- Experience manually analysing qualitative and quantitative data in a timely manner.
- Ability to produce insightful and actionable data analysis using current industry data mining software and tools (e.g. NVivo, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights).
- Ability to write simple programs to automate analysis of feedback (e.g. update and format data in Excel spreadsheets).
- Background in social sciences like sociology, anthropology or something similar.
- Self-motivated and used to work in able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of, and commitment towards editorial values of the project.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Europe. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Europe’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb