Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 04 Nov 2016
**Information Systems Security Manager –
Ministry of **Economy and Finance (MEF)
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti**
Management Systems International is a Washington, DC based international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Sudan and Iraq. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance and anti-corruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com . MSI has recently become a Tetra Tech Company.
Founded on October 1 st , 1988, the Centre de Formation et d’Encadrement Technique (CFET) is a private Haitian firm specializing in Management and Human Resources Development. CFET’s mission is to contribute to improved worker performance and to facilitate access to talented professionals whose skills match the needs and professional ethical codes of clients. CFET, in partnership with Management Systems International (MSI) manages the USAID KONEKTE program in order to provide technical support to the Government of Haiti.
Launched by USAID in November 2012, KONEKTE (KONesans E Konpetans TEknik) is a program designed to assist the Government of Haiti (GOH) with increasing capacity within Haitian ministries by identifying and placing experienced advisors in key positions. KONEKTE is a partnership between a Haitian firm (Centre de Formation et d’Encadrement Technique (CFET)), USAID, and the GOH, which aims to build local capacity to create a more stable and viable Haiti. KONEKTE’s main partner within the GOH is the Office of Management and Human Resources (OMRH). KONEKTE works closely with the OMRH to identify high-level advisors through a transparent and competitive recruitment process that prioritizes the expertise of Haitians and the Haitian Diaspora. Each Advisor is placed in a department to bridge a competence gap. In addition, consistent with the objectives of the USAID Forward initiative, KONEKTE strengthens the OMRH’s ability to ensure the sustainability of the program’s achievements.
The General Management (GM) of the Ministry of Economy and Finances is responsible for carrying out the project. The GM organized an operational group comprised of 10 ministry agents and concerned several general management teams and agencies associated with the ministry. This operational group or project committee is specifically in charge of defining and implementing the Information Technology Master Plan. The General Director names the Chief of Party to lead the operational group.
The expert will run the mission under the direction of the operational group’s Chief of Party and under the General Director’s supervision. The Haitian team Assistance à la Maitrise d’Ouvrage (AMOA) supports the work of the operational group. AMOA’s mission began on April 1st, 2015 and is ensured by two experts.
The Office of Management and Human Resources (OMRH) together with the Finance Ministry and with technical support from KONEKTE, a program financed by USAID, is recruiting a Information Systems Security Manager to strengthen the IT Unit and transform it into a fully-fledged Information Systems Department.
To Note: USAID/Haiti has the right to annul this post at any time.**
Closing Date: October 19, 2016
Location and Duration of Position:
The position will last for 18 months. The Information Systems Security Manager will be based at the MEF in Port-au-Prince, Haiti and will be under the General Director’s supervision.
After the earthquake eruption on January 12th, 2010, the MEF’s IT infrastructure was partially destroyed. Important reconstruction took place and service is now restored and has even surpassed what it was before the quake. The time has now come to advance and progress towards a more integrated and reliable IT system, against the back drop of the public finance reform’s strategy and action plan implementation, which the government adopted in May of 2014.
The MEF’s IT unit is responsible for the Ministry’s IT developments, including infrastructure projects connected to the Ministry’s diverse property networks. Within this context, an Information Technology Master Plan was produced, which allowed for IT development planning over a period of 5 years (2014-2019).
The implementation of this Information Technology Master Plan must be considered quickly to guarantee the rapid introduction of diverse IT solutions. This must be done while observing the Master Plan’s application planning timeline. The Information Technology Master Plan’s recommendations include reinforcing the IT unit and transforming it into a genuine Information Systems Department.
The Haitian Civil Service is characterized by a lack of professionalism, due to the absence of public policies, standards, procedures and management tools necessary to organize and develop its structures. Staffing and nominations in particular do not conform to any well-defined framework, which leads to inappropriate conditions in human resource recruitment. Recruitment processes subjected to external pressures contribute to turning public service into a political tool, marked by structural weaknesses, lack of professional motivation and subsequent inefficiency. It is clear that provided services do not meet the population’s expectations.
The OMRH was created in 2005 as a response to the need to develop public policies in recruitment streamlining and in strengthening civil service structures. OMRH is in charge of steering this vast institutional reengineering project that offers coaching to ministries and autonomous agencies, permitting them to implement their sector reform plans in human resource management.
Six years later, this action took on full significance after the Haitian government took the initiative to reactivate OMRH, making it fully functional with the necessary resources to fulfill its mission. Among others, this mission is to pilot reform programs in ministries and institutions that are part of the civil service.
This support to the MEF serves to strengthen the IT Unit and transform it into a fully-fledged Information Systems Department through the recruitment of a Database Administrator. This mission is within a limited period of time. At the end of this mission the MEF will designate an administrative personnel member who will be in charge of continuing the mission and overseeing its continuous operation.
One particular objective will be to set up a unit responsible for Information Systems Security. This unit will participate, under the Information System Director’s authority, in the implementation of the DSI’s strategic direction concerning information systems security, realized by the Information Systems Security Policy (PSSI). PSSI was defined and validated in the middle of the first trimester of 2016.
The Information Systems Security Manager will have, among other main objectives, to:
- Support the Information Systems Director thanks to his or her mastery of information systems security;
- Lead the Information Systems Security unit;
- Execute the Information Systems Security Policy (PSSI), which was defined and validated by the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
The PSSI expresses the Ministry’s needs in terms of information systems security, and is therefore the reference document for everything that relates to implementing information systems security at the MEF.
The Information Systems Security Manager implements, regulates, controls and evaluates information systems security action plans conforming to global PSSI requirements. The person is responsible for putting the PSSI into place.
In order to carry out expert and advisory missions, he or she must have the ability to lead, energize and motivate teams. In this case, this person plays a project management and facilitation role.
In order to reach defined objectives, the provider will have to carry out the following activities: Monitor and organize PSSI implementation, particularly concerning:
- Establishing a global prevention plan, to be proposed as a frame of reference for conceptualizing specific prevention plans to department managers;
- Participating in realizing the MEF’s security charter;
- Defining security standards for each department manager according to PSSI prescriptions;
- Evaluating risks, threats, and their specific consequences for each department manager;
- Instructing general, operational, and departmental management security units; etc.
- Leading unit responsible for Information Systems Security;
- Informing General Director and Information Systems Director;
- Promoting the IT security charter amongst all users;
- Technically validating security tools;
- Controlling and ensuring efficiency of team members who must apply IT systems security rules and principles;
- Continuous auditing of the Ministry’s IT system weaknesses;
- Activate crisis units in case of emergency;
- Monitor regulatory and technical evolutions in IT systems security.
More generally the provider will have to bring his or her functional and technical expertise to the table. He or she will thus serve as head of the information systems security unit.
- Qualifications and Technical Skills: Master (BAC + 5) in IT engineering; Overall project management skills (budget, human and material means, deadlines); Internal knowledge of large administrations or companies (IT applications used, and departments); Certification in International Information Systems Audit (CISA) or “Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)” is a plus;
- Work Experience: More than 15 years of professional experience in the IT field; Expertise in information systems security; Instructor experience a plus.
- Specific Experiences: Has already developed Information System Security Policies (PSSI) for large private groups or administrations; has implemented Information System Security Policies; has demonstrated experience in Information Systems Security
- Personal Skills: Superior communication skills
- IT Skills: Technical IT knowledge (operating systems, development tools, programming languages)
- Language Skills: Excellent knowledge of French (report writing, interviews).
Note: This post is open to national and international professionals. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
T o apply, visit our website: http://www.konekteprogram.org/fr/offres-demploi
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zk7dpx2r4v
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb