Closing date: 04 Nov 2016
CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience in cash coordination in a disaster response context who are available for an immediate deployment to Haiti as a seconded expert with OCHA for a 3-month contract.
Position Title: Cash Coordinator
Position Grade: P4
Duty Station – Jeremie, Haiti (with regular travel to Les Cayes)
After cutting a deadly swath across the Caribbean region, Hurricane Matthew, a Category 4 storm with sustained winds of 235 km/h, violently struck south-western Haiti on 4 October causing widespread damage, flooding and displacement, The poverty level of the population in this area reaches 70 per cent. Hurricane Matthew has resulted in the largest humanitarian crisis in Haiti since the 2010 earthquake at a time when the country is already facing an increase in the number of cholera cases, and severe food insecurity and malnutrition. A flash appeal for $120 million for a three month response was published on 10 October, which includes a substantial cash and voucher component, with WFP targeting 850,000 people with food vouchers from days 30 – 90 of the response, and cash responses envisaged in the early recovery, WASH and shelter sectors as well as an interest in multipurpose cash programming.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• The dedicated Cash Coordinator will report directly to the OCHA Intersector Coordinator.
• The Cash Coordinator will establish and lead inter-sector cash working groups in Jeremie and Les Cayes, feeding into a smaller group chaired by the Inter-sector coordinator in Port au Prince. OCHA’s short term cash deployee has developed ToRs for these groups, and defined priority next steps, including standardizing transfer values, market and 3W mapping and regular reporting to the intersector and HCT.
• The Cash Coordinator will maintain an online platform with resources and documents useful to operational partners.
Objectives of the groups are:
• Map and circulate previous, ongoing and future cash-based responses.
• Gather and analyze market assessments, providing members with an up to date overview of market functioning
• Ensure strong linkages with the inter-sector and HCT, supporting the development of an overall cash strategy, supporting a system-wide understanding of cash programming and providing both fora with information on cash feasibility – market functioning, FSP mapping and access
• Develop, where possible, common approaches and standard procedures as well as minimum requirements,
• Engage with government agencies and other local partners to facilitate CTP implementation
• Engage with private sector actors
• Collaborate with logistics cluster to provide up to date and complete information around modalities to clusters
• Collaborate on the ground in terms of market assessment, targeting and monitoring
• Create opportunities for capacity building activities, advocacy and documentation of learning/ experiences of CTPs.
• Support linkages between emergency cash interventions and longer term social protection and development work
• Support incoming cash actors by developing a comprehensive cash toolkit
Qualifications and Expertise Required:
· Experience in market analysis specific to cash transfer programming;
· Excellent analytical skills with respect to context, technical options and application of best practice within the operating environment;
· Understanding of CTP as a multi-sectoral response to the needs of affected population;
· Understanding of the cluster system and how experience of CTP can be applied across different contexts;
· Understanding of CTP in a post-disaster context – appropriate phasing of implementation, implementation modalities, linkages to recovery;
· Knowledge of the country context, particularly any experience by government and/or private sector with respect to cash transfer programming, an advantage;
· Experience working in an inter-agency and inter-sectoral environment, a plus;
· Ability and experience to advocate for cash programming at a senior level (HC/HCT); ability to work in sound bites for senior decision makers;
· Culturally sensitive and highly motivated;
· Seven to ten years progressive experience in a humanitarian and/or development role, of which at least two years on cash assistance programming.
Language: Fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required.
How to apply:
If you have all of the above-mentioned skills, please register with CANADEM before contacting us. This can be done on our website at www.canadem.ca/register . Then send an email no later than 1st of November, 11:59 pm EDT to pantiwa.naksomboon@CANADEM.ca with a Subject Line: “OCHA-Cash Coordinator-Haiti.” In your email, please include an updated resume, date of availability, your current location, and a phone number where we can reach you.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb