Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 19 Nov 2016
Local Evaluator, Women’s Leadership in Small and Medium
Enterprises Impact Evaluation in India, Chennai, India
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: USAID’s initiative on Women’s Leadership in Small and Medium Enterprises (WLSME) in India aims to address women’s relative absence in the cashew processing sector in order to promote broad-based economic growth and poverty reduction in terms of higher productivity and efficiency gains. The programs focus on addressing critical barriers that limit women entrepreneur’s contribution to the economy, including external constraints, human capital constraints, and information and network constraints across contexts.
Please note: Only Indian citizens are eligible for this position.**
Position Summary: The Local Evaluator will support the MSI evaluation team in the endline phase for the evaluation, starting on or about February 1, 2017. The Evaluator may be based in Chennai, but most of the field work will take place in the Panruti block of Cuddalore district. Expertise in qualitative research methods and data collection, as well as research experience relevant to women’s leadership in SME is required.
- Provide feedback and revisions on the focus group question guides for appropriateness and relevance given the context of the WLSME project.
- Review translations of the English survey questionnaire and focus group guides into Tamil;
- Lead and facilitate sixteen focus groups discussions (FGD), with logistical support from partner survey firm.
- Summarize findings from the FGD into concise reports.
- Participate in the training of the survey team and oversee and monitor survey data collection through field visits and data entry quality assurance.
- Interact and coordinate with the survey firm to ensure timely submission of focus group data, including audio recordings, transcripts translated into English, attendance sheets, and signed informed consent, as well as, submission of data collection progress reports.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with the MSI evaluation team to provide updates on the data collection progress.
- Perform other technical tasks as assigned by the evaluation team.
- Master’s level degree(s) or equivalent in relevant field, such as anthropology, sociology, gender studies, international development, or other.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience demonstrating expertise in qualitative research methods, including implementing and leading focus groups.
- Knowledge of Tamil Nadu context in terms of women’s presence in the cashew processing sector, constraints to entry, and skills trainings.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills to work diligently with remote evaluation team.
- Fluency in Tamil and English required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/rw5jbwrff6
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb