Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 27 Nov 2016
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Program Director for Partnerships, Learning, and Communications
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Deputy Program Director for Partnerships, Learning, and Communications for the upcoming USAID/Indonesia Bukti Untuk Kebijakan dan Advokasi (BUKA) – Evidence for Policy and Advocacy Activity. The primary objective of BUKA is to support the use of high-quality evidence in decision-making, by building up the components of an improved evidence-to-policy ecosystem, within the Indonesian context, that will help implement that process. The Deputy Program Director for Partnerships, Learning, and Communication will assist the Program Director in program implementation and management, with a focus on cultivating relationships with Indonesian government and other partners, supervising the program’s monitoring and learning program, and ensuring communication with external program stakeholders.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Program Director in developing, cultivating, and maintaining relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders for effective evidence-based support to policy-making and decision-making.
- Directly supervising the project’s monitoring, learning, knowledge management, and communication functions, and special efforts to empower women researchers.
- Managing the technical quality of processes and activities conducted by Indonesian partners under grants and sub-awards in accordance with applicable USG regulations.
- Fostering a collaborative, positive, efficient, and impact-focused work environment for project personnel.
- Facilitating positive working relationships between scientists, research institutions, Indonesian policy makers and private sectors to ensure significant positive impact.
- Assisting with the management and supervision of work of all experts/personnel provided under the agreement.
- Serving as the secondary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all project activities.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience managing stakeholder relations for policy and program activities, with experience working within in the Government of Indonesia strongly preferred.
- Experience managing formulation of policy recommendations to the Government of Indonesia in partnership with external stakeholders.
- Current and extensive knowledge of the evidence-to-policy process in Indonesia.
- Extensive and up-to-date experience with the Indonesian data environment required.
- Strong familiarity with Indonesian research institutions, government decision-makers, and related and supporting institutions.
- Master’s degree in science, education, governance, or a related discipline. PhD preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working, coordinating and negotiating with local institutions and organizations, donors, other USAID projects, U.S. embassies, and partners.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to bridge US and Indonesian cultures in the workplace.
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project.
- Professional Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English Languages.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb