Organization: Winrock International
Closing date: 10 Oct 2016
The Communications and Reporting Specialist will assist the Chief of Party (COP) in technical leadership in communications and handle USAID reporting and outreach responsibilities as specified by the COP.
Develop effective communication strategies and strategic outreach plans
Ensure effective communications, visibility and knowledge management for the project components.
Support WIT components with public engagement and technical assistance as needed to support the new interventions.
Develop, manage and provide technical expertise in execution of all WIT strategic communications, in support of concerned public organizations
Liaise with key partners and significant stakeholders to build positive working relationships.
Prepare and distribute media releases on WIT achievements and outputs.
Work with and across WIT components to enhance and promote effective communication; promote cross-cutting activities; and ensure consistency and quality
Prepare accurate and timely communications reports as directed by the COP/DCOP.
Provide written and verbal presentations as required.
Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents.
Provide information/briefings to other stakeholders and USAID management.
Support program staff in organizing and managing seminars, workshops, press conferences and field visits as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Background:
Education: Master’s degree in Mass communications, journalism, social sciences or related areas strongly preferred.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least five years working experience in international development
- Experience in water demand management programs is desired
- Extensive experience in communication and analytical reporting
- Experience in behavior change communications is a plus, including the formulation of behavior change messaging and the development of communication and training materials
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; website management and updating skills is a plus
- Knowledge of USAID reporting requirements and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills, gender sensitivity, proven track record of working successfully in a variety of cultural contexts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team to achieve program goals
- S/he must be Native English speaker; excellent writing and editing skills
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb