Organization: Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development-Legal Aid
Closing date: 29 Oct 2016
To undertake appropriate publicity, marketing and communication in support of the objectives and work of the Board and different units within ARDD-Legal Aid.
JOB DETAILED TASKS:
- Promote ARDD-Legal Aid work via the media.
- Coordinate press release preparations in English and Arabic.
- Distribute all press releases to the media (nationwide).
- Raise and maintain the positive profile of ARDD-Legal Aid through press, advertising, internet, local authorities, and national courses, among other mediums.
- Cover and report all ARDD-Legal Aid activities from a media perspective.
- Conduct interviews and journalistic investigations and reports.
- Ensure that press releases are displayed on ARDD-Legal Aid website.
- Maintain a register of contact details for all media contacts.
- Maintain relationships with media personnel and seek advice on how to achieve above objectives.
- Provide a monthly media update to the Management Team.
- Attend events and general meetings as required.
- Develop and produce a periodical Newsletter and other content specified by unit manager.
- Translate media material from English to Arabic and the other way around.
- Act as publicity assistant, promoting the activities of the organization.
- Act as marketing officer, particularly in seeking to promote ARDD-Legal Aid activities and get new organizational affiliates.
- Act as main liaison with external media sources, particularly the Press.
- Maximize the use and overall content of ARDD-Legal Aid’s Website.
- Coordinate with ARDD-Legal Aid units and projects to assist in creation and execution of media
- Liaise with ARDD-Legal Aid units to keep open communication channels and update information for sharing on different media platforms.
- Explore and research for opportunities, mediums and partnerships locally and internationally to communicate ARDD-Legal Aid work.
- Prepare presentations, drafts, data analysis (identifying subjects for articles) in support for seminars, workshops and publications.
- Monitor and evaluate appropriate and timely advocacy with target audiences, as well as following up on their impact.
- ü Monitor and provide regular reports on mainstream media coverage of topics related to ARDD-LA work (refugees, women’s rights, etc).
- Execute media action plan for ARDD in general and units based on the media strategy.
- Devise and execute action plan related to events.
- Follow on updating content on all media outlets.
- Communicate with local media to share ARDD news and publications.
- Keep track of the achievements of the unit.
- Maintain activity over social media outlets and work constantly on increasing outreach.
- Locate the indicators of effective interaction in order to enhance the quality of posts.
- Maintain ARDD-Legal Aid’s website in terms of developing, sustaining, managing content and keeping all sections up-to-date.
- Assist in planning and executing media campaigns.
- Meet publication deadlines and maintain contact with different publication outlets.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Unit Manager.
- All units within ARDD-Legal Aid.
- Media Channels
- Partners and other parties who provide services to ARDD-Legal Aid
- Stakeholders who actively engage in ARDD-Legal Aid’s work
- Organizations with shared thematic interests as ARDD-Legal Aid
- Governmental bodies
- Individuals from civil society and independent journalists
- International individuals and activists
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Human rights, media and communications, journalism or any related field.
- 1-3 years of experience with international/local organizations in research and developing content, and producing media material.
- A strong, dedicated, mission-driven, creative, worldly executive
- producing immediate results in large organizational management and development;
- Organizational management in timely manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively and strategically with media persons and/or other stakeholders.
- scouting and cultivating of innovative individuals with differing needs;
- Strong time-management skills, with an attention to detail;
- Technologically savvy in automating processes and computer proficiency; and
- Excellent skills & verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
- Good liaison skills especially to various units within ARDD-Legal Aid.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Commitment to ARDD Legal Aid’ overall aims and beliefs, including equal opportunities and gender equity in all aspects of ARDD-Legal Aid’s work.
- knowledge of governmental and political systems and women’s rights issues
- Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel frequently to the field/remote areas in the project sites
- Computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, Excel, Power point, Internet )
- Knowledge of writing methods and skills.
- Knowledge of Budget Management.
- Communication skills
- Fluent in Arabic and English and translation
- Writing, reporting, training, speaking, presenting, skills
JOB REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Strong understanding of the Jordanian context, particularly in relation to gender and media,
- Skills in project management assistance, writing, translation and problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills
- Strong skills teamwork and leadership skills.
PERSONAL ATRRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Good management and communications skills
- ability to work towards a shared vision and following plan devised by project officer
- enforcing the vision of the department
- Integrity and honesty
- ability to follow and manage tasks given by supervisors
How to apply:
Applications: Submit your application through email to email@example.com
Subject of email should include the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by ARDD-Legal Aid.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb