Organization: UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Closing date: 18 Oct 2016
Closing Date: 18 October 2016 (by 15hr00 Amman local time)
Duty Station: Jordan
Type of Contract: Individual Consultancy (IC) Contract
Contract Duration:1.5 month (subject to availability of funds)
Contract Start Date: Tentatively beginning of November 2016
Request to submit a written proposal for a work assignment with UNESCO Amman – Support to Media in Jordan Project
UNESCO Amman Office – Support to Media in Jordan Project is inviting written proposals from Individual Consultants for the work assignment described in attachment A.
To enable you to prepare a proposal for this assignment, please find attached the following documents:
i. Terms of Reference (attachment A);
ii. UNESCO’s contract template for Individual Consultants, the contracting modality used for these assignments (attachment B);
iii. CV template (P-11) (Attachment C)
iv. Vendor Registration Form (Attachment D)
Your proposal and any supporting documents must be in English.
Your written proposal should comprise:
1) A Technical Proposal (maximum of 10 pages) should consist of:
- A description of understanding for the main deliverables and milestones related to the assignment;
- Comments on the Terms of Reference, if any (in brief);
- A description of a proposed approach and methodology for undertaking the assignment;
- A work plan with a detailed time frame, including information on the number of missions estimated and duration of each mission to Jordan;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (according to the enclosed template – P11 form, attachment C);
- Vendor Registration form (enclosed template, attachment D);
- Up-to-date security training certificates (if any)
2) A Financial Proposal: Applicant should provide a detailed financial proposal according to the following tables (table one and table two) (See link for full more details http://www.unesco.org/new/en/amman/about-this-office/vacancies/ )
Note on Travel Cost:
The Applicant will need to specify the cost of round airline ticket from home country to Amman and the estimated number of missions. UNESCO Amman Office will arrange and cover all the travel cost including airline tickets, daily substance allowance and the internal transportation in Jordan according to UNESCO rules and regulations.
UNESCO places great emphasis on ensuring that the objectives of the work assignment, as described in the Terms of Reference, are met. Accordingly, in evaluating the proposals for the assignment, attention will focus first and foremost on the technical elements. From those proposals deemed suitable in terms of the criteria in the Terms of Reference, UNESCO shall select the proposal that offers the Organisation best value for money.
How to apply:
NB. UNESCO will evaluate the proposed fee against its internal consultant rates taking into account a reasonable duration for the assignment as proposed by the consultant.
Your proposal should be submitted by e-mail no later than close of business (15:00 Amman time) on 18 October 2016. Email proposals should not exceed 10MB.
Please send your technical and financial proposal to the following email addresses:
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
To ease the email tracing and facilitate quick processing, kindly use the following script “Submission of IC Proposal: Senior Consultant for radio, TV and multimedia equipment” as the email subject.
It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that his/her proposal is received by the deadline.
Potential experts contacted should not treat this letter in any way as an offer. However, their proposal may form the basis for an eventual contract with UNESCO.
Any expert receiving this letter is requested to acknowledge its receipt and to indicate whether or not s/he will be submitting a proposal. For this purpose, and for any requests for clarification, please contact: Mrs Biljana Tatomir, Senior Project Officer firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com .
Submissions will be acknowledged by email upon receipt but ONLY selected expert will receive further notification and correspondences.
Thank you for your eventual interest in this UNESCO assignment. We look forward to receiving your proposal in due time.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT