Organization: Development Alternatives, Inc.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2016
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of Communications Specialist for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five-year, U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya. KIWASH is designed to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable WASH services delivery, improve hygiene behaviors and strengthen nutrition education while coordinating with other USAID programs to improve access to nutritious foods for highly vulnerable populations.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Communications Specialist will work with the Communications and Marketing Manager in planning, designing and carrying out project communication activities. S/he will be responsible for managing the projects presence in social media and for the creation of content necessary to grow the projects engagement within the sector. S/he will also focus on the development of products for public access and the project’s online platforms including the KIWASH website, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
Program writing and graphics design
- Solicit for information for success stories from technical team members and sub implementing partners. Draft and/or edit success stories with appropriate photographs for sharing with USAID and posting on KIWASH website.
- Draft publicity materials including activity profiles and project factsheet, success stories, case studies, and articles for KIWASH quarterly newsletter, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Establish photo library using Flickr, prepare updated project presentations, site visit kits and press kits.
- Provide design and layout support for all publications and publicity materials.
Social media management
- Author brief social media postings with corresponding links and source appropriate images for the postings in coordination with technical teams and implementing partners. Schedule and post social media content as per the content calendar and obtain approvals for content prior to publishing. Monitor and responds to followers’ feedback and inquiries in accordance to established policy.
- Ensure brand compliance with USAID Branding and Marking Guidelines across all social media assets deployed.
- Gather, analyze and report social media performance data and provide insights and actionable recommendations for improving performance over time. KPIs include: reach, engagement and sentiment.
- Review the daily press for WASH related topics and news, and share with team based on relevance
- Help establish and maintain a database of project partners by soliciting input from the KIWASH team and key partners, stakeholder meetings and forums.
- Assist with coordination of field events, launches, site visits etc. ensuring USAID input and clearance is received in a timely manner.
- Help prepare and update a standard information package on the KIWASH project counties for distribution to the public and the media.
i. A degree in the field of communications, marketing, international relations or a related area is desirable.
ii. At least three years of relevant work experience in the field of communications, social media management, preferably in the development sector. Experience with a USAID project is an added advantage.
iii. Knowledge of MS Office software, web design, HTML and other media software packages (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop and video editing software) and photography is required.
iv. Understanding of the fundamentals of social media content sourcing and experience using Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr for campaigns and organizational outreach.
v. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
vi. Excellent inter-personal skills to ensure effective team relations. Strong organizational skills, analytical abilities and initiative to prioritize and complete tasks and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Base of Operations
· Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to the field
· The Communications Specialist will report to the Communications and Marketing Manager.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply via the link, https://kiwashproject.formstack.com/forms/communications_specialist__readvertisement
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible. Copy the link and paste it on the browser to submit your application. This position is open to Kenyan nationals only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb