Organization: AECOM International Development Inc.
Closing date: 08 Nov 2016
The Information and Database Officer is a local national position and will be responsible for program information and database management for TIS+. Under the direction of the Senior Governance and Strategic Communication Advisor and Deputy Chief of Party, s/he will support communications’ activities such as development of success stories and data management for the TIS+ PIKA database.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Working closely with the Senior Activities Officer, and Senior Governance and Strategic Communication Advisor and relevant Program Development Officers to identify activities contributing to success stories under TIS+.
· Manage production of project marketing materials such as success stories, multimedia production, presentations, and strategy rationale briefs in collaboration with program staff.
· Train staff on communication tools available to capture “transforming lives” stories incorporated into the TIS+ weekly reporting.
· In coordination with the TIS+ Senior Activities Officer and Senior Governance and Strategic Communication Advisor, support data management for the TIS+ PIKA (Activities) database; help ensure activity files are well drafted and in good order and financial and M&E data is entered into each activity file in an accurate and timely manner.
· Support periodic report production, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual TIS+ reports, as well as other reporting documents, as required. Support information gathering, report writing, report editing and document finalization.
· Ensure communications products from the TIS+ program and local partners are compliant with USAID branding and marking plan.
· Collaborate with other public relations, media and communications partners under the TIS+ program as required including interface with local, regional and national media outlets.
· In coordination with the TIS+ Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, support management of M&E data and database; ensure data is properly compiled and input into TIS+ systems in a timely manner.
· Under the leadership of the Senior Governance and Strategic Communication Advisor and DCOP, IDO officer is responsible for updating the database, maintaining reports & files generated from the database such as grant clearance forms, in collaboration with the Senior Activities Officer.
· Ensures sharing with staff and uploading TIS+ database backend to one source weekly, with links provided to USAID in a timely manner.
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned
The Information and Database officer will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, information, media, international relations/affairs, political science, management, or a related field.
· 2 years’ experience working in an information management capacity in international development or a similar field, preferably with a focus on Somalia or another complex environment;
· 2 years’ experience in complex report production, preferably in international development;
· Fluency in written and spoken English, and strong English writing skills;
· Strong organizational skills, and proven capacity to work well against tight deadlines;
· Experience working on USAID programs strongly desired;
· Experience working on an international development program for Somalia strongly desired.
How to apply:
LEVEL OF EFFORT:
1 year with possible extension upto 3 years.
Applications and detailed CV to be sent by 08 November, 2016. Send your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Clearly state Information & Database Officer – Nairobi, Application on the Subject Line). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb