Organization: Development Alternatives, Inc.
Closing date: 09 Nov 2016
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya. Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in nine target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will assist the Senior M&E Manager to design and manage systems for data collection, monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge management. S/he will also assist the Senior M&E Manager to ensure that the KIWASH project team generates data and learns from project activities on an ongoing basis to identify the highest return opportunities; ensure effective knowledge management; inform the project’s adaptive management approach; and improve program accountability and effectiveness.
S/He will assist the Senior M&E Manager to undertake the following tasks:
· S/he will support the Senior M&E Manager to Develop and roll-out the KIWASH knowledge management strategy, including development and dissemination of materials;
· Assist in the development of the KIWASH Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP) and M&E system;
· Ensure high data quality through regular quality control reviews;
· Establish strategies to streamline the M&E process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information; and help implement the same;
·Support technical teams to develop activity indicators and targets and gather quantitative and qualitative data related to those indicators and targets;
·Work with technical teams to develop appropriate M&E plans for each activity during implementation;
· Conduct participatory M&E of field activities to measure quantitative as well as qualitative impacts;
· Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments;
· Support the program units with data analysis, reporting and presentation for the quarterly and annual reports;
· Conduct M&E training to partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
· Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Science or any relevant discipline;
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development organization especially in the design and/or management of USAID or donor-funded programs.
· Demonstrated experience participating in baseline assessments, specialized studies, and impact evaluations for complex development programs.
· Familiarity with developing M&E indicators and plans.
· Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize information in a clear and concise manner;
• Excellent research and data collection methodology skills;
• Ability to create organizational work plans;
• Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities;
• Training skills to build the capacity of partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
• Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with KIWASH staff, county government officials and the local communities;
• Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management such as SPSS and Excel ;
Base of Operations
· Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to the other KIWASH project sites as needed.
· The M&E Specialist will report to the M&E Manager.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply via the link https://kiwashproject.formstack.com/forms/m_e_specialist__nairobi
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible.The position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.**
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb