Closing date: 30 Oct 2016
Senior M&E Expert, M&E Project for the DFID Somalia Humanitarian Programme (MESH)
DFID provides multi-year humanitarian funding in its Somalia Humanitarian Programme (2013-17). As part of this programme, DFID developed the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) project for the Somalia Humanitarian Programme (MESH). MESH is a primary tool for decision making and getting at the heart of what works, what doesn’t, and what could be better. MESH is implemented by Transtec S.A., an international consulting firm with 30 years’ experience in development and humanitarian work.
Transtec is seeking a dynamic, well-grounded and focused individual for the role of Senior M&E Expert. The position is full time, based in Nairobi, with limited travel to Somalia. Duration of contract will be one year, beginning December 2016.
Management of Third Party Monitoring (TPM)
- Plan and oversee the implementation of TPM field surveys using mobile data collection, and Call Centre surveys.
- Develop Scopes of work for TPM for each partner
- Author or oversee authoring of survey tools in .xls
- Assess translation needs & coordinate translation of tools to Somali
- Liaise with MESH Sector Experts for integration of key indicators/variables
- Work with M&E partner companies to ensure surveys are being carefully monitored during the data collection process
- Review tools with M&E partner companies to ensure their understanding
- Provide oversight to training of monitors
- TPM & Call Centre strategy development with MESH Team Leader
- Liaise with partners on implementation of TPM; update them of survey progress
- Oversee the quality of TPM service providers & identify development needs
- Draft or oversee drafting of after action reports to DFID for TPM and CC activities Provide DFID with quarterly updates on TPM status of activities
- Liaise with partners and IT provider for data collection support related requests
- Contribute to development & adherence to a partner data submission schedule
- Manage TPM Data on the MESH real-time data platform.
- Manage documentation of partner use of data for adaptive programming
- Quarterly survey of partners to document uses of MESH-produced information
Any other duties as required.
Masters Degree in Social Science, Statistics or Research Field is required.
- Relevant work experience with project M&E – at least 8 years.
- Extensive experience in planning and managing field surveys using mobile data collection and online survey management
- Strong knowledge of the ODK Platform (kobo, enketo etc) and in using .xls form authoring tools
- Experience with data collection methods and analysis
- Solid demonstrated experience with SPSS or Stata;
- Strong English /communication skills and experience of report-writing from quantitative results
- Work experience in an international, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong coordination and partnership skills with donors and implementing partners
- Attention to detail and capacity to do the final photo-ready version of reports for external audiences
- Strong team player
- Resident in Kenya
How to apply:
Please send applications with CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 30th October 2016.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb