Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 06 Nov 2016
Social Behavior Change Communications Advisor
Department East Africa
Based in Location Nairobi with extensive travel in Somalia
Reports to the Country Representative
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are looking for a Social Behavior Change Communications Advisor for Tusan Wade, a Demand Creation project in Somalia designed to achieve increased community awareness of, and demand for, health services and promote appropriate health, Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) as well as optimal hygiene practices. Tusan Wade is a critical component of the Somali Health and Nutrition Program (SHINE) funded through DFID to compliment supply interventions to respond to the unique health and nutrition challenges in Somalia. The SBCC advisor will be overall in charge of deliverables under this dynamic project and also drive the learning agenda throughout the life of project.
Sound like you? Read on.
PSI seeks an entrepreneurial, dynamic candidate with significant technical expertise in social and behavior change communications in the health field. The SBCC advisor will be responsible for coordinating formative research activities and prototyping demand creation interventions. The SBCC advisor will also provide overall technical oversight of implementing partners under this project.
- Provide strategic, technical guidance and direction to the Project in collaboration ensuring alignment with latest technical information, evidence and approaches in the SBCC field.
- Design high quality project interventions and assessments in collaboration with relevant project partners.
- Travel to project implementation areas to provide on-site technical assistance to the design and implementation of project activities, including with national and international partners.
- Build local capacity of selected entities (MOH and implementing partners) in design, implementation and evaluation of SBCC programming.
- Work with other consortium management unit staff to coordinate reporting to the donor and representation of the project externally at events, conferences and meetings.
- Drive the learning agenda of the project
What are we looking for?
- At least 15 years of demonstrated experience in designing and implementing communication or marketing activities, preferably in conflict/ post conflict regions/ areas
- Willingness to travel in the field
- Demonstrated success in generating innovative and effective behavior change or marketing solutions
- At least 5 years working in developing countries settings
- A Masters degree in communications, marketing, or similar, or a bachelors degree with at least 5 years of additional relevant experience.
- Professional fluency in French.
- Experience building capacity of civil society and/or government entities in social and behavior change communications.
- Creativity and entrepreneurial outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What would get us excited?
Capacity Builder: You have experience in building institution, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
Collaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for the country staff. You have successfully helped your teams learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
A systems thinker. You are able to develop system-wide solutions, connecting several ideas into a larger and coherent solution. You can look at the big picture and understand the opportunities in the Tanzanian setting.
A strategist and an innovator. You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
- Level 6
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/d4bvnjptk3
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb