Organization: Options Consultancy Services
Closing date: 04 Nov 2016
This consultancy will support Options – both in Kenya and in London – in its programme management preparations for a new USAID programme. The consultant will need to have experience in the day-to-day management of USAID programmes to enable them to carry out this role.
Objective of role
The USAID Start-Up Support Consultant will work with the Options Kenya Team Leader and Finance Manager, as well as the London-based Program Manager and Senior Programme Manager to ensure the start-up of a new USAID program is conducted in a timely manner and in compliance with all USAID rules and regulations.
You will work with the programme team, supporting them in programme management, finance, administration and human resources related tasks. They will participate in project discussion and planning as appropriate, including with the client.
You will need to have previous relevant experience of starting up and implementing USAID programmes and ensuring compliance with USAID regulations.
Support the Options Finance Manager to convert in-country finance systems to ensure they are compliant with USAID rules and regulations.
Support the set-up of finance systems in both Turkana and Samburu that are compliant with USAID rules and regulations
Ensure compliance with USAID and Options Kenya regulations and policies on all financial, administrative, and procurement activities
Ensure all HR practices are aligned to the Options Kenya Human Recourses Handbook and USAID rules and regulations
Support the Kenya Team Leader and PM Team to review and short-list applications for national staff and consultant positions
Co-ordinate and set-up all interviews for project posts in Kenya
Support proper orientation, on-boarding and supervision of Staff members as required
Keep a daily log of all issues and risks that arise and report on these together with an assessment of their impact on and proximity to the program
Support Options staff with other administration tasks as required
Assist with preparation and logistical support for workshops, meetings and seminars, as requested
Support Options staff and consultants with all in-country travel arrangements together with the Options Program Assistant
Comply with Amref, Options Kenya and USAID safety procedures at all times, and contribute to building a strong culture of staff safety
When required attend catch-up calls/meetings with the PM Team and Team Leader
· Bachelors degree or higher in International Development or related discipline or a similar level of experience in finance, administration and Human Resources
· Minimum of 5 years of NGO experience
· Demonstrated strong USAID finance, administration and Human Resources experience
· Considerable experience with USAID project start-up
· USAID Program Management experience
· Specialist knowledge of working on USAID funded project
· Knowledge of USAID regulations
· Excellent organisation and coordination skills
· Strong inter-personal skills
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task covering multiple work streams simultaneously
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Excellent Word and PowerPoint skills
· Advanced Excel skills
· Confident self-reliant self-starter
· Naturally committed and hard-working
· Commitment to Equal Opportunities
· Ability and willingness to be based in Nairobi
· Ability to travel within Kenya as needed
· Right to work in Kenya
About Options (for job boards not Options’ website)
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
How to apply:
· To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Charlotte Langridge email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
· Closing date for applications is 04 November 2016. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised
· Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb