Organization: HALO Trust
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the)
Closing date: 11 Nov 2016
The Programme Support Officer (PSO) is responsible for information management and operational support to our UXO clearance and Survey teams in Laos. You will be the direct line manager for our GIS, logistics and fleet teams comprising nine personnel and responsible for the efficient and accurate managing of data and stores, managing records and databases. The role is varied and will adapt to the needs of the programme.
The programme is seeking an independent, innovative and enthusiastic candidate who ideally has experience of working on systems and in support of operations. Experience of working in challenging and remote locations is desirable.
You will be based in Sepon, Savannakhet Province with monthly stand-down/time off normally being spent in Vientiane. Travel for liaison may be required.
The HALO Laos Programme employs 250 staff and conducts UXO survey and clearance in remote areas in Savannakhet Province in Laos. Our operations produce a significant amount of data which requires QC, analysis and to be reported on to national authorities and our donors. We have a fleet of 30 vehicles and deploy and camp in remote locations. Our teams need logistical support and the care and consumption of supplies requires diligent oversight.
You will directly be contributing to the survey and clearance of UXO in one of the most contaminated countries in the world helping us achieve our goal of eliminating the threat to lives and livelihoods posed by Explosive Remnants of War.
Operational Support Unit – GIS/IM
· Manage the workplan, deployment and personnel of the GIS team
· Prepare monthly statistics reports as needed, and keep programme manager up to date on progress against project targets
· Provide QM of the data management process, including data collection and entry to IMSMA
· Oversee and lead developments in information management in the programme and ensure problems are identified and resolved
· Direct line manager of the 4 GIS staff. Manage any personnel issues, performance, development and team work
· Develop technological innovations
· Work closely with the Office Manager to manage the workplan and personnel of the logistics team
· Monitor the logistics systems and conduct regular checks and QC
· Work with the procurement team to assist with timely purchase of supplies
· Manage the purchase and import of items, travelling if necessary and arranging the necessary paperwork
· Develop the logistics database to encompass all stores
· Research and implement stock control systems
· Manage the workplan of fleet personnel and vehicle servicing plans
· Oversee repair works to HALO vehicles (principally internal)
· Take action on fuel reports and spare parts reports
· Implement a new spare parts store database
· Manage bulk spare part orders and their import
· Ensure all HALO vehicles have the necessary paperwork and manage the import of any new vehicles
· Manage and prepare for relevant internal and external visits to the programme
· Develop national capacity
· Draft written reports as needed, for internal and external use
· Carry out any other duties as directed to meet project standards and operational requirements.
· Work with HQ Communications and other programme staff to identify compelling stories, helping to gather and help develop content to raise awareness of the programme.
· Create and manage imagery for the programme.
· Develop and prepare programme publications, including presentational materials such as brochures, briefing documents and displays
· Opportunities to develop and manage other projects on the initiative of the PSO
· Experience of working internationally and in remote locations desirable
· Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel
· Strong data analysis skills and experience
· Experience with GIS desirable although not essential
· Experience of managing logistics systems desirable
· Ability and motivation to work in a challenging environment and to live and work in close proximity to others
How to apply:
To apply, please use the following link:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb