Closing date: 09 Nov 2016
Pursue, member of the ARK Group, is a Lebanon-based development consultancy committed to empowering local communities and beneficiaries in conflict, post-conflict, and fragile areas through the provision of evidence-based programmatic interventions, policy recommendations and training services.
Pursue has had a registered office in Lebanon since 2010 employing a multinational core staff and has access to a wide network of national, regional, and international consultants. The company has an established track record of delivering projects and programmes for diverse clients in Lebanon, including the UK Government, US Government, UN agencies, the EU and others.
Pursue will be delivering on behalf of DFID a multi-year programme in Lebanon in support of Palestinian youth. This programme will improve their social and economic participation, as well as enhance the youth role in governance whilst reducing the likelihood of young Palestinians resorting to negative coping strategies. Whilst this position is subject to funding, Pursue is currently delivering this programme, which has been underway for a number of years.
Pursue seeks to employ a Country Finance Manager to manage the finance office of the Group Companies (Pursue SAL, Pursue LTD, ARK Lebanon) in Beirut, Lebanon and lead a team of 2 finance/accounting personnel.
· Serves as the primary finance and budget contact on all grants and contracts implemented in Lebanon.
· Liaises with the local accountants / Auditor on all issues related to Pursue SAL, Pursue LTD, ARK Lebanon in coordination with the Country Manager.
· Manages all aspects of the accounting and yearly financial statements of Pursue SAL, Pursue LTD, ARK Lebanon as regulated by Lebanese law.
· Manages all aspects of grant and corporate budgets including; budget preparation, budget execution, and expense accounting allocation. Prepare periodic financial reports as required by grantors and management related to Lebanon.
· Works directly with programme team in developing donor specific budgets for proposal submissions
· Responsible for developing operating budgets in collaboration with management. This includes preparing and/or reviewing all decision items, budget schedules, budget amendments, strategic plan and performance measures.
· Directs all budget management activities related to operations in Lebanon in cooperation with the Country Manager. This includes participating in the development, review and approval of all staffing patterns and budget allocations; review of all expenditure and revenue monitoring; and identification, development and approval of all supplemental requests.
· Managing all year-end and end-of-project budget management. Conduct year-end financial closing in collaboration with corporate accountants. Provide support and financial information to the grants officers if/when required.
· Acts as liaison with project personnel involved in fiscal operations. Provide guidance to staff on fiscal procedures, policies and compliance issues.
· Organises/archives project records according to compliance requirements of company/donor.
· Monitor and track the fiscal impact of proposed grant amendments and proposed changes in program, reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance and the Country Manager..
· Attends meetings and training as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor degree in finance/accounting.
· 7+ years of finance and accounting experience with 4+ years in a similar role.
· Previous experience with government donors.
· Experience working with the UK’s Department of International Development (DFID)
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
· Able to lead and develop a team of finance and accounting personnel.
· Demonstrated maturity and ability to take initiative and adhere to deadlines.
· Functional competencies required: effective communicator, analytical thinker, active learner and team player.
· Knowledge of relevant Lebanese and donor legislation and regulatory requirements.
· Proven abilities in finance and budget related computer programmes.
· Effective communication skills.
· Fluent in English and Arabic.
How to apply:
Please send your CV by email to email@example.com quoting ‘Country Finance Manager’ in the subject line no later than November 9, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb