Closing date: 08 Nov 2016
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Pursue, a member of the ARK Group, is a Lebanon-based development consultancy committed to empowering local communities and beneficiaries in conflict, post-conflict, and fragile areas through the provision of evidence-based programmatic interventions, policy recommendations and training services.
Pursue’s approach relies on combining mixed-methods research with strong, consistent engagement with local communities and stakeholders to bridge the gap between the aspirations of local communities and the priorities of governmental and multilateral actors, thus informing the design and implementation of relevant programming. Utilising innovative quantitative and qualitative social science methodologies to generate data, we analyse and synthesise results, brief clients and beneficiaries, deliver interventions and measure impact.
Pursue will be delivering on behalf of DFID a multi-year programme in Lebanon in support of Palestinian youth. This programme will improve their social and economic participation, as well as enhance the youth role in governance whilst reducing the likelihood of young Palestinians resorting to negative coping strategies. Whilst this position is subject to funding, Pursue is currently delivering this programme, which has been underway for a number of years.
The highly innovative, Palestinian-designed programme has delivered demonstrable impact within the camps and contributed to both Palestinian welfare and the stability of Lebanon.
· Lead Lebanon Country Team and in particular DFID implementation team in the development and implementation of innovative monitoring and evaluation of ARK/Pursue work
· Develop M&E plans and tools, implement, and train others in their use.
· Assure high quality and reliable data collection.
· Participate in and provide support to project design activities including the development of project theories of change and strategic frameworks (Results Frameworks, Log Frames).
· Help determine performance and impact indicators and targets.
· As a senior member of team, monitor project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results and regularly brief Country Manager and Project Managers, including identification of areas where work is under performing.
· Work with data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture and organize data.
· Determine data analysis procedures and use of quantitative or qualitative analysis tools.
· Develop, in coordination with other team members monthly, quarterly or annual reports depending on project requirements.
· Disseminate evaluation findings and project results to donors and other stakeholders as agreed with Pursue and ARK management.
· Conduct program analysis or special studies as requested.
· Contribute to institutional learning processes.
· Five years progressively responsible M&E experience in a development/stabilisation setting.
· Proven successful performance in complex/conflict settings.
· Demonstrated experience managing/developing M&E systems for major donors.
· Advanced degree in relevant field.
· Demonstrated knowledge of research methods and proven analytical skills.
· Strong commitment to values of data-based decision making, transparency, methodological rigor and programme learning.
· Excellent English language skills. Arabic language is a plus.
How to apply:
Please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘M&E Manager’ in the subject line no later than November 8, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb