Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 23 Nov 2016
Senior Communications Specialist, BALADI
CAP, Project, Lebanon
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: The Building Alliances for Local Advancement, Development and Investment Project (BALADI) aims to improve public service delivery at the local and regional level promote community participation in local governance decision-making, increase access to reliable and affordable public services, and support participatory and accountable local governance. The goal of BALADI is to achieve sustained and broad-based economic growth by engaging with municipal government institutions, Lebanese-registered grassroots organizations, and businesses. The BALADI CAP Project is a 5-year, USAID-funded project that will complement and bolster the activities of the BALADI Project by providing organizational capacity assessments and capacity-building assistance to local civil society organizations selected to support partner municipalities in the implementation of joint municipal/CSO projects.
Please note: Only Lebanese citizens are eligible for this position.**
Position Summary: The Senior Communications Specialist will be responsible for working with program team beneficiaries to highlight program successes and improve communications between local authorities and CSO actors within partner communities. This position works in close cooperation with the Technical Specialists and Grants Specialists, under the direction and supervision of the chief of party.
- Provide technical support, management, and oversight of all media-related activities implemented under the program.
- Develop an overall and integrated program communication and outreach strategy to ensure effective public awareness, and effective integration and coordination across all program components.
- Manage the program’s webpage, as well as its Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Produce a monthly program e-newsletter.
- Oversee all communication trainings and review materials to ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations pertaining to training PowerPoint presentations, handouts, visuals, videos, etc.
- Ensure project compliance with the program branding and marking plan.
- Act as a liaison between beneficiary CSOs, municipalities and communications and media trainers to bolster capacity-building activities at the individual and institutional levels.
- Work closely with staff to develop stories and online content on program activities and achievements.
- Draft and edit written materials in English and Arabic, including success stories, newsletters, factsheets, outreach materials, and other communication products.
- Act as the point of contact for all media inquiries.
- Maintain the program photo gallery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in generating reports, press releases, newsletters, and other communications materials.
- Experience with graphic design software and web design preferred.
- Written and oral fluency in Arabic and English.
- USAID experience preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/9cjm7hqm2r
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb