Organization: Development Alternatives, Inc.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2016
1. Project Background:
The Revenue Generation for Governance and Growth (RG3) project will build the capacity of targeted Government of Liberia (GOL) institutions, particularly the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning (MFDP) and the Liberia Revenue Authority (LRA), to improve domestic revenue mobilization in Liberia. RG3 will support MFDP to develop the capacity to formulate sound, predictable, and fair revenue policies. It will also support the LRA to enhance its ability to effectively, efficiently, and transparently implement those policies and carry out its revenue collection mandate. Lastly, it will work with the GOL, private sector, and civil society to strengthen consultation, education, and engagement on taxes and their benefits with an aim to building tax morale, increasing voluntary compliance, and fostering greater trust between taxpayers and the government.
2. Role’s Purpose:
The objective of this assignment is to conduct a quick assessment of the e-Filing and e-Payment readiness, including:
· High-level Needs Assessment and IT Environment Study covering MIS tiers: hardware, networking, software, people (organizational and human resources) and tasks (BPMN, internal and external actors’ information flows)
· High-level decomposition of the “As-Is” Enterprise Architecture (EA) scenario for provision of services by LRA.
· Drafting To-Be Enterprise Architecture (EA) scenario in liaison with RG4 subject matter experts (SMEs) providing for Gap Analysis (identification of existing, missing and update needed) of information flow and identification of high-level business processes (aka Descriptive level of Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) for e-filing, e-payments, mobile payments and back-office reconciliation.
· In liaison with as per TADAT and LRA draft a high level Working Schedule to address the identified Gaps utilizing best practice and taking into consideration local conditions. The modernization recommendations shall address Business, Application and Technology layers of the LRA Enterprise Architecture (EA).
· Review and design Systems Performance Monitoring Indicators for the LRA systems to provide for business continuity.
The Tax IT Expert will be responsible for the following deliverables:
• E-filing and e-payment Needs Assessment and IT Environment Study, including recommendations on addressing critical needs.
• High-level LRA As-Is/To-Be Enterprise Architecture (EA) Review
• Initial systems performance monitoring indicators
• Selected contributions to benchmarking study
• Power point presentations on findings
• Annual high level work plan for LRA to address critical needs
How to apply:
Please apply via DAI’s website at: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cws=1&rid=2844
Read more here:: ReliefWeb