Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 21 Oct 2016
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Mexico Civil Society Activity, Mexico City, Mexico
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
The Mexico Civil Society Activity (CSA) seeks to improve the institutional capacity and sustainability of Mexican Intermediate Support Organizations (ISOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) engaged in activities related to crime and violence prevention, criminal justice reform, and human rights in Mexico.
SI is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for the USAID/Mexico Civil Society Activity. The M&E Specialist will oversee the monitoring of program objectives through quantitative and qualitative tools. This position will be full-time and based in Mexico.
Please note: This is a local position. Only Mexican citizens will be considered**
- Develop and update the Performance Management Plan (PMP).
- Ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of calculation methodologies used in the PMP.
- Establish data collection and management systems.
- Provide performance data, ensuring data integrity and verifying data.
- Train CSO grantees and program staff in the use of M&E tools and the capturing of indicator-driven data.
- Communicate project results to SI staff, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ensure chief of party and project staff understand their roles and responsibilities for project monitoring and evaluation including data collection and data analysis.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables, including annual work plans and quarterly reports.
Review and adjust performance monitoring plan annually or as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, monitoring and evaluation, economics, business or related field required; Advanced degree preferred.
Demonstrated skills and experience in monitoring and evaluation for USAID-funded projects
Must possess at least 10 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E results; frameworks; developing PMPs, work plans and indicators, monitoring on-going programs for USAID or other large donor organizations required.
Experience providing training to staff and civil society organizations on M&E required.
Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 21, 2016.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb