Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 10 Nov 2016
National Research Consultant
Strategic Research & Evaluation
Term: 1 month
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Partner with us!
Funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Strengthening Private Sector Malaria Case Management and Surveillance to Accelerate Malaria Elimination in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam (GEMS) is a four-year project being implemented in the Greater Mekong Subregion, with a primary investment outcome of increased coverage of private sector engagement for malaria testing, treatment, and reporting according to national policies in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam. The project aims to increase capacity of the private sector in malaria service provision, malaria case management, and malaria case reporting in order to strengthen malaria surveillance systems and accelerate progress towards national malaria elimination goals within each of the four countries.
The project aims to achieve the primary investment outcome through delivering three intermediate investment outcomes:
- Increased appropriate case management of suspected malaria cases within private sector service delivery points and worksites, including mapping service provision, provider training, routine provider supervision, and strengthening private sector supply chains for malaria commodities.
- Increased reporting of suspected and confirmed cases by private sector service delivery points and worksites into national information systems, including establishing reporting systems using DHIS2 for data management and visualization, promoting data use, case investigation, and reactive case detection.
- Improved evidence base for decision making on effective strategies for private sector engagement and surveillance systems strengthening, including generating and disseminating evidence, and contributing to regional molecular surveillance.
The Strategic Research & Evaluation team helps PSI figure out “what works.” We fill the evidence gaps around effectiveness of marketing and health service delivery strategies to influence global health policy and practice. The SRE team will take the lead on conducting a process evaluation to provide insight into how the program is changing testing, treatment, tracking practices in the private sector, and how this in turn influences the elimination agenda and progress in the region. The process evaluation will consist of key informant interviews (KIIs) with key program stakeholders. The KIIs will be conducted in Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam.
We are looking for 4 National Research Consultants who are excited about qualitative research methods to take the lead on conducting KIIs within Cambodia, Myanmar, Lao PDR, and Vietnam, as well as ensuring data quality and submission of results to SRE. There will be one consultant for each country (Cambodia, Myanmar, Lao PDR, and Vietnam).
Sound like you? Read on.
Lead qualitative data collection, ensure quality of data collection and cleaning, and coordinate submission of data to SRE:
- Conduct key informant interviews, either in-person or over the phone
- Transcribe and translate audio recordings of interviews
- Coordinate with other project consultants to ensure quality of data collection, transcription, cleaning, and translation
- Ensure timely submission of audio files and transcribed data to PSI research team
- Review and provide feedback to support interpretation of analyzed findings
What are we looking for?
- You have a Master’s degree or higher in public health, sociology, economics, or other related discipline
- You have 3- 5 years of demonstrated experience fielding qualitative research studies in low resource settings
- You have experience conducting and transcribing semi-structured interviews.
- You have demonstrated ability to maintain data quality procedures and generate high quality data.
- You have the ability to work independently and adhere to timelines
- You are proficient in English.
- You are fluent in one or more of the following languages: Khmer, Lao, Burmese, or Vietnamese.
- You have the ability to travel to remote areas (including plantations and forested areas).
What would get us excited?
Experienced in the field: You have familiarity with malaria elimination strategies in mainland Southeast Asia.
Work is expected to begin in November 2016, with an expected completion date by mid-December 2016.
Clean transcripts of key informant interviews, following protocol for data collection and management.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/h2cz2tst8d
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb