Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 19 Nov 2016
National WASH Expert, WASH Sector Assessment, Performance
Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
Position Summary: MSI is seeking a qualified National WASH Expert for an assessment of the WASH sector in Pakistan. The objective of the assessment is to identify appropriate and cost-effective WASH interventions to guide USAID/Pakistan’s WASH programming over the next five years. The assessment will cover Punjab, Sindh, and Baluchistan.
The assessment will review WASH interventions that can be integrated into a larger health activity, Government to Government activities awarded directly to one or more provincial governments, and stand-alone WASH activities. It will, at a minimum, include the following:
- Summary description of sanitation products and services available in the district markets in focus areas, building on any existing market assessments.
- Review of past and/or current demand-creation activities using Pakistan Approach to Total Sanitation (PATS) or other approaches and models of implementation.
- Secondary data analysis/rapid assessment of rural and peri-urban populations to observe sanitation and handwashing facilities, focus groups to identify main barriers to household investment in improved sanitation and potential opportunities for programming.
- Assess the interest of private sector (construction suppliers, etc.) in the targeted provinces to design, produce, and/or market low-cost water or sanitation options (large scale or local small and medium enterprises).
- Assess current and potential future sources of financing for sanitation, fecal-sludge management, handwashing products and services, and water supply through commercial or micro-finance institutions, savings groups, or other mechanisms.
- Review the current legislative and regulatory environment for on-site sanitation in the target provinces including any gaps or loopholes that affect the sustainability of sanitation services (specifically look at subsidies for household sanitation, if they are allowed, and how they are currently targeted), and their potential role in consolidating demand for household sanitation.
- Review existing provincial strategies, materials, and messages for promotion/adoption of improved sanitation and handwashing behaviors.
- Provide recommendations on cost-effective opportunities to engage the private sector to improve household sanitation, handwashing, and/or water supply in the targeted geography.
Responsibilities: The National WASH Expert will manage the activities of the team, drawing on the strengths of individual team members to produce the best possible assessment report. S/he is ultimately responsible for all deliverables including the final assessment report. In collaboration with MSI staff and team members, the National WASH Expert will:
- Review all relevant documents required to understand the assessment.
- Lead a two-week long team planning workshop to design the assessment.
- Guide the team in developing data collection instruments, a data collection plan, and a data analysis plan.
- Identify national and provincial stakeholders for interviews and schedule interviews with them.
- Lead a briefing with USAID staff prior to field work.
- Guide the fieldwork and qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Produce comprehensive notes from interviews in the field.
- Present results to USAID and implementing partners.
- Take the lead in writing the assessment report and briefing papers.
- Undertake other tasks required for the successful and timely completion of the study.
- At least a Master’s degree in a relevant field (public health, public policy, social sciences, or a related field) and 15 years of professional experience or a Ph.D. in a relevant field with at least 10 years of experience.
- At least seven (7) years of experience designing, implementing, and/or assessing WASH projects in Pakistan.
- Experience leading assessments or evaluations, preferably of USAID projects.
- Experience working with government counterparts at national and/or provincial level is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID, USAID health and WASH programming, and USAID assessments.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills.
- Excellent English writing skills, particularly assessment reports.
- Fluency in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and manage teams.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/tx2t84zwjs
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb