Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 19 Nov 2016
Provincial WASH Specialists, WASH Sector Assessment, Performance
Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
Position Summary: MSI is seeking three (3) qualified Provincial WASH Specialists for an assessment of the WASH sector in Pakistan. The objective of the assessment is to identify appropriate and cost-effective WASH interventions to guide USAID/Pakistan’s WASH programming over the next five years. The assessment will cover Punjab, Sindh, and Baluchistan.
The assessment will review WASH interventions that can be integrated into a larger health activity, Government to Government activities awarded directly to one or more provincial governments, and stand-alone WASH activities. It will, at a minimum, include the following:
- Summary description of sanitation products and services available in the district markets in focus areas, building on any existing market assessments.
- Review of past and/or current demand-creation activities using Pakistan Approach to Total Sanitation (PATS) or other approaches and models of implementation.
- Secondary data analysis/rapid assessment of rural and peri-urban populations to observe sanitation and handwashing facilities, focus groups to identify main barriers to household investment in improved sanitation and potential opportunities for programming.
- Assess the interest of private sector (construction suppliers, etc.) in the targeted provinces to design, produce, and/or market low-cost water or sanitation options (large scale or local small and medium enterprises).
- Assess current and potential future sources of financing for sanitation, fecal-sludge management, handwashing products and services, and water supply through commercial or micro-finance institutions, savings groups, or other mechanisms.
- Review the current legislative and regulatory environment for on-site sanitation in the target provinces including any gaps or loopholes that affect the sustainability of sanitation services (specifically look at subsidies for household sanitation, if they are allowed, and how they are currently targeted), and their potential role in consolidating demand for household sanitation.
- Review existing provincial strategies, materials, and messages for promotion/adoption of improved sanitation and handwashing behaviors.
- Provide recommendations on cost-effective opportunities to engage the private sector to improve household sanitation, handwashing, and/or water supply in the targeted geography.
Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the National WASH Expert, the Provincial WASH Specialist will:
- Review all relevant documents required to understand the assessment.
- Participate in a Team Planning Workshop (TPW) in Islamabad to finalize the assessment design and develop data collection instruments and data collection and analysis plans.
- Identify the respective provincial stakeholders for interviews and schedule interviews with them.
- Conduct interviews in the field and ensure collection of high quality data.
- Produce comprehensive notes from interviews in the field.
- Participate in data analysis and report writing.
- Contribute to a debriefing session with USAID/Pakistan.
- Undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the study.
- At least a Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in WASH and a sound understanding of the WASH sector in any one (or all) of the three provinces.
- At least seven (7) years of experience designing, implementing, and/or assessing WASH projects in Pakistan.
- Experience working with government counterparts at national and/or provincial level is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID, USAID health and WASH programming, and USAID assessments.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and in the field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/fyqjrxxhxz
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb